★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Appsmile.com gave it 4 stars! : Cubic Match Surprises As Simple Impressive 3D Puzzler.

We listen to our customer's suggestions and that's why version 2.0 has almost all of the user's requests.

We added a swipe counter, a timer, a slow rotation mode, statistics, that ability to replay levels and more.

If you ever finish the last level in the expert mode please send us an email. We'd like to hear from you!

CubicMatch is a 3D puzzle game. Using the sliders on the sides, the goal is to find the matching half-cubes and orient them so that you can complete the cube.

To orient the pieces just wipe your finger horizontally or vertically over them.

Once you think you have the right combination just press the match button at the bottom of the screen. If you are right they will merge together. If youre not you have to try again until you get it right.

The pro version offers you 13 levels, ending up with 25 cubes to match.

For both versions you have three modes: Easy, Normal and Expert. Easy has the cubes colored so it makes them easier to match. In the normal mode the cubes all have the same look. As for the expert version the cubes and background change at every levels making it more and more challenging.

We hope you will enjoy it!

eggzbacon's comments:
Lite Version Also Available: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=326933554&mt=8
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

09-05-2009, 11:07 AM
No interest in this game?

Youtube link | Pop Up

09-06-2009, 09:59 AM
Cubic Match is out ($0.99)

Hello everyone,

If people are interested in trying out a new puzzle game that is in 3D you can check out my friend game (which I did some additional programming). Let see if you guys can visualized object in full 3d in your head and figure out the solutions.

Its called Cubic Match and available for the low price of 0.99$ and you can try also the lite version for free.

(he's not registered here yet, so he ask me to post this on his behalf)
==============================================

My first game! And I'm proud of it. I come from the special FX movie industry and moving to the gaming world has been quite a challenge. First of all, I didn't know anything about programming! I had to learn Javascript. I used Unity 3D to make Cubic Match. It works very well and the forum community is incredible. Even if we are all competitors we all help each other and there's no way I could have done it without their help. Cubic Match it the proof that you don't need a master degree in computer science to make games for the iPhone. It took me a month to make. Now if I had to redo it it would take half the time because now I know what I'm doing.

I'm one guy working in his basement :-)

About Cubic Match: Cubic Match is a 3D puzzle game. The idea is the align and match two pieces to make a cube. At the first level there's only one cube to make. Then every level adds 2 more cubes. At level 13 you have 25 cubes to make. There are 3 modes. In the easy one the cubes are color coded so it's much easier to figure out which pieces goes with the other one. In the normal mode all the pieces have the same color. In the expert mode the piece's look changes at every level making it more and more challenging. A quick look at this video will make you understand how it works. Cubic Match has a very simple clean interface. It uses FX that you don't usually see in an iPhone game like toon shading, spotlights, specular shader and others.

If you are looking for a first person shooter where you can kill zillions of monsters then Cubic Match is definitively not for you but if you like puzzles then I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Web :
www.jungleofsharks.com

Video clip :

iTunes link :
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=326575797&mt=8

Cheers,

Robert Rioux
riouxr [at] gmail.com

==============================================

Btw when he say he work from his basement he means it literally ;-), I went there a few time to help him work on his game .

Thanks for your support!

Last edited by Prab; 09-06-2009 at 10:05 AM. Reason: see PM
09-06-2009, 10:09 AM
Dang Prab that was fast
It looks pretty cool actually, and without the color coding I could see it getting extremely complicated.

Beta testing:Not currently able to beta test Tested: iPlutoid, Fish Fun, Armor Alley, Underworlds, 33rd DIVISION, Robocalypse: Mobile Mayhem, Earth VS Moon, Cash Machine, Helion, Zenonia, Koala Dartz, iSR, Baseball Slugger: Home Run Race 3D, Crazy Snowboard, Galactic Gunner, Rune Mage, Match3D, Card Ninja, iGangster.
09-06-2009, 10:15 AM
Yeah.. it looks like a great game. I would be interested to have a timer for each level though. To see how long I'd take to finish each level

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG
09-06-2009, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clymos View Post
Dang Prab that was fast
It looks pretty cool actually, and without the color coding I could see it getting extremely complicated.
Yup he was fast, couldn't even have time to blink an eye to go fix it hehehe. Next time Ill re-read the rules to make sure I dont make mistake.

And thrust me without color coding even in "Normal" mode it can get quite tough. You really need to be able to visualize in your head the pieces and how they can match together. In the "Expert" it is very challenging, but the looks of it is really great and fun .

Ill forward your comments/feedback/suggestions to my friend so he can take note and probably do an update later on.
09-06-2009, 10:29 AM
I like how in expert mode, you have all sorts of shading on the cubes to make it harder.

PS: The text in the video is very big and covers a lot of the video though

09-06-2009, 10:33 AM
Hi!

I'm the one who made Cubic Match. I just registered. Thanks Intruder_qcc!

There's no timer because for some people it's a complete nightmare to do this (like my wife) and for others it's easier. I didn't get any feedback yet on the app store so I have no idea what people think of my game. Is it too hard? Too easy? I can't judge it myself because I modeled all the cubes and I developed that game over a month so now I know the pieces by heart. It takes me an average of 3 swipes to get the cubes in the right position.

The first version I made only had the normal mode and no levels. Just all the 25 cubes to make. It took me about 40 minutes to finish the game. So I thought it was too easy. But then again it's too hard for some people so I made the easy mode and the expert mode. You didn't see what all the levels look like but I can tell you that some are very hard. The last one is a nightmare :-) But when you reach level 13 you already get used to the pieces so it makes it a bit easier.

It all depends on your spacial visualization ability. Some people are good at it, others are not. If you get lost after 2-3 turns when you drive then maybe this game is not for you.

I'm a 3D modeler. I've been doing this for 12 years. Visualizing things in 3D is my job so for me it's not that complicated.

So you can try the lite version and give me some comments. That would help me a lot.

Cheers,

Robert
09-06-2009, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnybob View Post
Hi!

I'm the one who made Cubic Match. I just registered. Thanks Intruder_qcc!

There's no timer because for some people it's a complete nightmare to do this (like my wife) and for others it's easier. I didn't get any feedback yet on the app store so I have no idea what people think of my game. Is it too hard? Too easy? I can't judge it myself because I modeled all the cubes and I developed that game over a month so now I know the pieces by heart. It takes me an average of 3 swipes to get the cubes in the right position.

The first version I made only had the normal mode and no levels. Just all the 25 cubes to make. It took me about 40 minutes to finish the game. So I thought it was too easy. But then again it's too hard for some people so I made the easy mode and the expert mode. You didn't see what all the levels look like but I can tell you that some are very hard. The last one is a nightmare :-) But when you reach level 13 you already get used to the pieces so it makes it a bit easier.

It all depends on your spacial visualization ability. Some people are good at it, others are not. If you get lost after 2-3 turns when you drive then maybe this game is not for you.

I'm a 3D modeler. I've been doing this for 12 years. Visualizing things in 3D is my job so for me it's not that complicated.

So you can try the lite version and give me some comments. That would help me a lot.

Cheers,

Robert
I'll go ahead and give the lite a shot and see what I think, give me a sec and I'll post some impressions

Edit: and I believe prab meant some sort of timer that kept track of how long it took you to complete each level, not one that limited how long you have to complete the level.

Beta testing:Not currently able to beta test Tested: iPlutoid, Fish Fun, Armor Alley, Underworlds, 33rd DIVISION, Robocalypse: Mobile Mayhem, Earth VS Moon, Cash Machine, Helion, Zenonia, Koala Dartz, iSR, Baseball Slugger: Home Run Race 3D, Crazy Snowboard, Galactic Gunner, Rune Mage, Match3D, Card Ninja, iGangster.

Last edited by Clymos; 09-06-2009 at 10:40 AM.
09-06-2009, 10:39 AM
Hi Robert,

Welcome to TA

You have a real nice looking game there. And about the timer, actually I was thinking of one that counts up not down. So its more like a way to see how well you've done