★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Hipster CEO --> Free

08-17-2014, 10:36 PM
Hipster CEO --> Free

In anticipation of the sequel, part one is currently free. They're also still looking (I think) for beta testers for the sequel. Don't know how to add app info, so boo for me.
08-17-2014, 11:53 PM
$0.99 > FREE for the 1st time, Hipster 2 coming soon

148 Review 4/5 http://www.148apps.com/reviews/hipster-ceo-review/
"As business simulator Hipster CEO is best seen as a text version of Game Dev Story with more than a hint of Football Manager-style traditions. Players start up their own business, then hire and manage staff while building up new products and learning how to market them appropriately. It sounds like it could be quite dull and staid but itís actually quite compelling. Thereís a gameplay guide rather than a comprehensive tutorial, but even that isnít as useful as simply giving the game a shot and gradually figuring things out. Itíll be rewarding, but it will take patience for those who want to succeed. Occasional moments of being crash-prone can irritate, too."

Last edited by mrbiggles; 08-18-2014 at 12:16 AM.
08-18-2014, 08:08 PM
Intriguing...

This is actually strangely compelling -- reminds me of playing Football Manager on the ZX Spectrum and all goes to show you don't need fancy graphics to make a compelling game!