★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: RockYou, Inc.
  • Genre: Kids
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 8.1 MB
  • Version: 1.0.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Blast bully gangs off the playground in over 125 levels of water bomb battle fun in this classic action-strategy game!

Check out our latest games:
3D Mini Golf Challenge
Dictator Defense
Download the Free Version now!

PocketGamer scores 9/10 and says: A brilliant, contemporary take on the aging artillery game concept, with enough wry humor to keep you engrossed until your pants are thoroughly soaked.

Out soak high school bullies, vicious dogs and creepy boss clowns using an arsenal of up to 9 different water balloon types and items - including TNT, Sniper and Cluster balloons! Complete missions in up to 4 different theme zones to make the city safe again for the kids!

Play over 125 unique and exciting levels
Complete set of arsenal including 9 super soaking water balloon types, TNT Timer balloons, and more!
Multiple enemy types vicious dogs, mean high school kids, creepy boss clowns and other comical opponents!
Explore up to 4 city maps and root out enemies in a variety of locations
Cool game physics with adjustable shot trajectories and force
Use the touch screen controls to move the Splash Bandit and launch the water balloons
Fun and bright art graphics
Adrenaline pumping and exciting real music

STILL NOT SURE? Try the Free Version

Check out DChocs hottest games: Crazy Penguin Catapult, 3D Rollercoaster Rush, 3D Mini Golf Challenge, Tower Bloxx Deluxe 3D, 3D Brick Breaker Revolution and Millionaire City.

Get updated with Digital Chocolates latest product, promos and game tips! Visit us on Facebook, MySpace, YouTube and Twitter! Find us FAST by searching for dchoc.

All trademarks referenced herein are the property of their respective owners.
08-31-2009, 11:25 PM
Thats a lot of DChoc games... I was wondering where they had gone

Associate Editor, Slide To Play and Padvance
Follow me on Twitter
Feel free to email me at tim@slidetoplay.com if you want to bring a game or update to our attention.

08-31-2009, 11:43 PM
Originally Posted by STP_Tim View Post
Thats a lot of DChoc games... I was wondering where they had gone
I know - and all three look great - I have a feeling I'm going to spend a lot of money tonight

Playing: FIFA 12 Monster Island Quarrel Deluxe FIFA Superstars Fix-It-Up
Waiting For: Trenches 2, Ultra Kid, Car Jack Streets 2, Star Command
Plus+, Game Center, Open Feint, Crystal, Gameloft Live: jecebn
08-31-2009, 11:55 PM
i was lookin at this one too.....it does seem good.

i found this video...

hmmm......i think ill wait for someone else to TOFTT on this one. althought i am tempted....

just throwin in my 2 pennies...
09-01-2009, 02:44 AM
Review: Super Water Bomber delivers wet fun with a dose of humor

Turn-based artillery games have seen a fair amount of games lately with Star Hogs, KIL.A.TON and the perennial, albeit questionable favorite Worms. My interest was piqued when I came across Super Water Bomber from Digital Chocolate, a different take on the concept. Surprisingly, this game delivers lighthearted fun that in some ways beats out Worms because of the campaign mode. On top of that, the game uses a variety of water balloons as opposed to military weapons which frankly makes it more appealing to a broader and younger audience.

Humor is the foundation on which Super Water Bomber is built, and the storyline quickly establishes that tone. As part of the Discount Retaliatory Measures service, you play the play the role of Splash Bandit, a water balloon-wielding avenger fighting on the behalf of the kids and poor saps who are harassed by the neighborhood bullies and nagging old ladiesseriously.

Graphically speaking, the game is presented in 2D with limited animation. Honestly, this is not a game that will visually wow you, but what is there is presented in vibrant colors with a decent amount of variety and content. The game has minimal sound effects, which is a minor issue, but the music tracks provide just the right amount of charm on par with a Charlie Brown special. The game has 128 levels presented in four different mapspark, suburbs, city, and circus. The game offers single player and hotseat multiplayer for up to 4 players.

The bullies are a sordid and truth be told, funny bunch ranging from jocks and leather wearing punks to vicious dogs and spiteful drunks. One of my favorites are the Boss Clowns and while theyre supposed to be menacing, its actually hard to take them seriously when theyre standing on a street corner or in the park. Because this is a turn-based game, the bullies will retaliate with water balloons and cans depending on the class of bully.

For the most part, the controls consist of left and right arrows to move side to side, but by using certain power ups, Splash Bandit can also maneuver over walls and higher locations. In order to aim, a small crosshair is used to set the trajectory, and an action button located in the bottom right corner can tapped and held down to set the power gauge before releasing to launch. Each bully has a health bar, and head shots tend to deplete the health bar more.

One of the things that the game does nicely is in the different environments with numerous obstacles adding to the challenge. As with any turn-based combat game no matter how wet, the environment can be used to your advantage. The locations also become more complex and bullies are located in difficult to reach places. A camera option can be activated that allows you to pan the screen, and youll need this because in many cases, the environments become much more expansive.

By default, Splash Bandit has a limited amount of Stock Balloons that provide minimal wetness and spray. However, additional weapons and power ups are provided by accessing random crates found in the levels. Limited in quantity or temporary in effect, these perks can only be used in the level in which theyre discovered so no hording bombs for later use.

Stock BalloonStandard balloon
Sniper BalloonHigh-powered balloon
Jumbo BalloonHigh-volume balloon
Timer BalloonGrenade-type balloon with a delayed pop
TNT BalloonHigh-impact balloon exploding on contact
Cluster BalloonGood soaker with wide wetness dispersion
Antigrav BlanketUsed to reach higher ground
Health PacksImproves health

The different types of balloons come in handy and require some creative thinking on your part. For example, a TNT balloon can be used to take down walls, and any of the balloons can be used to clear away leaves.

Dont let the cartoony feel trick you into complacency. In the early part of the game, the levels are relatively easy because the bullies are none the wiser as you clean up the parks. In fact, they have no idea theyre being hunted by Splash Bandit. Remember what I mentioned about head shots? Well, if you miss but get the balloon close enough to a target, they become aware of your presence making it likely theyll lob a balloon your way. As the levels progress, the turf battle escalates as the various bully enemies start building up their forces in an effort to defeat Mr. Wetness. One neat thing is that these bullies have no loyalty to each other so often what will happen is in-fighting occurs when one member is accidently splashed by another. This becomes important in your strategy because you can play the role of instigator.

As with Digital Chocolate games, there is that pesky load time in between levels. The game could use additional sound effects and online multiplayer would definitely make this even better than it already is. And again, the old school graphics may not appeal to everyone, but in my opinion, theyre more than adequate for this type of game.

Overall, Super Water Bomber is a surprisingly fun game that should appeal to a broad audience. The content and the lighthearted nature of the game make this ideal for both quick and more prolonged sessions. With its own personal charm and humor, this is a terrific game that delivers.

Albie Meter: 4 Stars (recommended for fans and non-fans for Worms; campaign mode is a huge plus, and the old school graphics work well)
09-01-2009, 02:58 AM
You should note that the 9/10 from pocketgamer was for the mobile version of the game. Not the iPhone version.

So keep that in mind.
09-20-2009, 10:08 PM
Thanks for pointing that out arn
09-20-2009, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by arn View Post
You should note that the 9/10 from pocketgamer was for the mobile version of the game. Not the iPhone version.

So keep that in mind.
Yeah, Digital Chocolate does that all the time and it is really frustrating. They know that the quality of the game is relative to the platform, so it's pretty dishonest to put that in their app store descriptions, I think.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
09-20-2009, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by dragmor View Post
Thanks for pointing that out arn
lol, slow reaction?

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein
09-22-2009, 05:33 PM
Now on sale for 99c and BA seemed to have enjoyed this

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com