★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Mass "What should I get?" Thread 2011

View Poll Results: ..
. 0 0%
. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll
08-17-2010, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matkin View Post
hi i am looking for some good racing/driving games for ipod touch i have been looking at asphalt 5 but are there any better ones out there i am intrested in asphalt because there is a cops mode but are there any others? i already have nfs undercover. then things that are putting me of asphalt are 1. will it drain your battery fast? 2. are there many cars and 3. is there a career mode were you have to race in tornements and gain money and then buy new cars and upgrade them.

ps money is not a problem and also im not looking for a serious driving game.

Thank You
i also havnt got wifi so looking for the best racing game for single player.
08-17-2010, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matkin View Post
would you say its the best out?
Hmm... it's the best that I have but I'm not sure if it's the best out. There's also others that I don't have such as Real Racing, which is supposed to be very good.

08-17-2010, 03:01 PM
ok i will wait and see if i get anymore replies before i gohead and buy it
08-17-2010, 03:16 PM
Real Racing for sure is the best and most realistic game in the store. Nothing else can compete to it at all.

Betas: Victory Day, Victory March, Zombwich, Mission Europa, Shadow Era, Slice It!, Baseball Superstars 2011, Queen's Crown, Aralon: Sword and Shadow, Zombie Runaway, Third Blade, Tower Defense: Lost Earth
08-17-2010, 03:18 PM
matkin: It sounds like you're looking for a more casual "arcade" style racing game. If so, Real Racing is definitely NOT what you're looking for. You should consider getting either Need For Speed Shift or Asphalt 5. I personally prefer NFS Shift though.

Follow me (@zeroxharuhi) on Twitter!
08-17-2010, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matkin View Post
hi i am looking for some good racing/driving games for ipod touch i have been looking at asphalt 5 but are there any better ones out there i am intrested in asphalt because there is a cops mode but are there any others? i already have nfs undercover. then things that are putting me of asphalt are 1. will it drain your battery fast? 2. are there many cars and 3. is there a career mode were you have to race in tornements and gain money and then buy new cars and upgrade them.

ps money is not a problem and also im not looking for a serious driving game.

Thank You
The best one out is undoubtly Jet Car Stunts. Remember to get the DLC as well. This a MUST ****ING GET.

Other ones that are very good too:
Real Racing
NFS: Shift

Also, WHY IS EVERYONE SAYING RR AND SHIFT BEFORE JCS???!??!?!??!??!?!?!???!?!?!??!!?!?!
08-17-2010, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da shiz wiz 19 View Post
Also, WHY IS EVERYONE SAYING RR AND SHIFT BEFORE JCS???!??!?!??!??!?!?!???!?!?!??!!?!?!
Because it fails 2 out of his 3 criteria. JCS is definitely worth buying regardless of what type of game you're looking for though.

Follow me (@zeroxharuhi) on Twitter!
08-17-2010, 03:23 PM
You do realize he asked for driving games and non-serious games, right? I think that qualifies in both. Plus it's a racing game when you use ghost racing.

So BUY BUY BUY
08-17-2010, 03:30 PM
ok im gonna get nfs shift jcs and real racing
i played jcs on my friends iphone but it had no dlc and it looked a bit to short so has the dlc made it better?
08-17-2010, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerandomdude View Post
Anything good for a buck? I'm not a fan of casual games, but if there's one that's straight-up amazing, go ahead and recommend it.
Enviro-bear 2010