Support our Sponsors:

Old 08-20-2014, 02:38 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Default 25 Birds

A much needed wake-up call for all gamers with a bird fetish...

Link on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/25-birds/id905087362?mt=8

Short trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLSpTkstiMY

Trailer with intro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IKGrdMgRsg

Last edited by HDN; 08-21-2014 at 03:54 PM..
Old 08-20-2014, 03:14 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN!
CLEAN UP THE SKY. 25 BIRDS AT A TIME...
Old 08-20-2014, 03:35 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Probably not the best time to have cartoons of passenger planes crashing
Old 08-20-2014, 04:20 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Yeah, I haven't paid much attention to the news lately. I obviously missed something. Sorry if I offended someone :-/
Old 08-20-2014, 07:11 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Probably not the best time to have cartoons of passenger planes crashing
Although it is quite sensitive, I didn't think of that myself. But.. after you mentioned it; one phrase on one of the pictures really stands out; " Some birds refuse to accept defeat. They kamikaze attack the innocent air travelers."

So, dev; . Psj is correct. Although the graphics look really good, and it is obvious that you are very talented; it might be a good idea to pull the game and make some corrections to the word usage or story line. (sorry)

You might not have offended anyone yet, but you will.

Last edited by Lavender; 08-20-2014 at 08:33 PM..
Old 08-21-2014, 03:42 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Thank you for your feedback. It's very useful to hear other peoples opinion.

However I don't think I'm going to change either the word usage or the story line. I mean, is it really that offending?

I use the wording "innocent air travelers" to make the birds seem evil and justify the shooting. But I hope (and expect) people will realize that this is a cartoon/game and in real life birds don't do coordinated kamikaze attacks, hence we shouldn't shoot them.

Just like Beat the Boss. Hopefully no one does this to their boss in real life.

I would really like to hear some other peoples opinion on this subject. Am I going to far? Would you consider the cartoon offending?

Wonder if it is because I'm Danish - seems we are always offending people with our cartoons ...
Old 08-21-2014, 03:57 PM

I do not think the birds are the problem. You may have read that recently flight mh370 was shot out of the air by ŗ missile and all 300 innocent people died , among them complete families including the children. So the phrase innocent shooting sirpassenger out of the air might be considered as offensive..

I can differentiate between this game and the tragedy, but I guess forum members just wanted to give you ŗ heads up ...
Old 08-21-2014, 04:05 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

You are probably right about the heads up, and I appreciate that.
It's a risk I am willing to take. I believe people can differentiate...
Old 08-22-2014, 04:35 AM

I donít understand the reasoning behind finding this game offending, other than to bird enthusiasts.

What happened to MH370 is horrible, but I fail to see how this game could be seen as offensive because of that.

Had the objective been to down the plane, it would be logical for me that some could find it offensive, even though for me it would still just be a game.
As it is, the goal is to prevent plane crashes, giving players the ability to prevent further tragedies.

I would like to pose a hypothetical question, to put it in perspective.

If I were to develop and release any kind of game, that combats any type of situation, that resembles recent real world events. Am I to assume that I am going to offend someone, if that real world event caused human casualties?

Let me point out, Iím not judging anyone for finding this game offensive, Iím genuinely curious to find out how their reasoning works.
Old 08-22-2014, 04:41 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

I think it was totally unintentional and i'm positive the dev isnt some evil twisted person ! But i think for promoting the game it would be better for the dev if that wasnt in that graphic.

I'm not offended by it but i'm sure others might find it in bad taste. In these days of 1000's of apps appearing every month i dont think this will help the dev. Its actually a bit of constructive criticism to help

But yes its a good question, you have games where you murder people/kill them, the second you show a game/image of someone killing/shooting a dog people will go crazy about that. Yet theyre fine killing 'people' in a game.

Apple wouldnt allow a 'Columbine' style game which you shoot a school but theyre quite happy for World War II games where you kill enemy soldiers etc. There are a lot of double standards.

But again if i was releasing a game i wouldnt have an image which 'might' be associated with a recent disaster. With iOS games i think you need all the positive marketing you can