★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Little Big Adventure - Relentless: Twinsen's Adventure $4.99 > $0.99

08-21-2014, 01:25 AM
Little Big Adventure - Relentless: Twinsen's Adventure $4.99 > $0.99

TA Review 3/5 http://toucharcade.com/2014/03/27/li...enture-review/
"a clear example of this where some core elements such as controls, lack of direction and confusion to when the game saves make it less than ideal for mobile gaming. Personally I really wanted to fall in love with Little Big Adventure again some twenty years after our first affair. Sadly it has aged even worse than me, and not even nostalgia can get me past that. It is a true shame, as beyond the problems there is a terrific genre defining adventure to be found."

148 Review 3.5/5 http://www.148apps.com/reviews/big-adventure-review/
"Combined with the risk of instant deaths from various threats, Little Big Adventure isn’t the most forgiving of titles. There’s a fair amount of trial and error to things, which ages it. Stick with it and Little Big Adventure is still as charming as it was before. Fans of the original will still enjoy that pleasant wave of nostalgia and it’s a soundly well made port, but it’s not without its issues. Controls rather frustratingly, Twinsen isn’t the smartest of characters so tapping on a location means he goes straight there, or at least tries to, whether there’s a wall in the way or not. It makes for a clunky interface as one taps carefully around such obstacles, which further complicated by the isometric perspective of the game."

Last edited by mrbiggles; 08-21-2014 at 01:31 AM.
08-21-2014, 08:52 AM
Just finished the ios version not long ago. Loved it. Originally beat it on pc, and ios version has a few changes that makes the game MUCH more accessible to the current gen of gamers. For example running into walls don't kill you. Recommended at the sale price.
08-21-2014, 09:22 AM
Looks like all the dotemu games are 69p right now. Which are most recommended? Grabbed this, and looking at Another World and The Last Express, too. By the way, this now has a d-stick, so now the reviews are actually more dated than TA claims the game is.

Didn't wait for a reply and just got all three!

Last edited by sinagog; 08-21-2014 at 09:37 AM.
08-21-2014, 09:51 AM
It's not really a d stick, you just move in the direction you drag your finger, so the nice thing is you can make really sharp turns with just slight movement of your finger. Rather than having to move all over the virtual dpad.

I also recommend another world, also beat that on ios and it was great. Never tried last express, so no comment.