Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-21-2014, 06:34 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default RPG Soul Histrica (by Kotobuki Solution/Kemco)

Old 08-21-2014, 07:16 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Official trailer

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Ouya gameplay

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 08-21-2014, 11:04 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

I'm always a sucker for these games, the promise of multiple endings and class systems only make it hard to resist this. Oh my poor wallet.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:45 AM
iPad

Downloaded but since I'm still playing through Dargon Quest IV I probably will not get to it for awhile.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:10 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Same -- playing through DQ4 first. Shaun just posted a review though for anyone who wants impressions: http://toucharcade.com/2014/08/27/rp...torica-review/
Old 09-11-2014, 10:22 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Finished DQ4 so I'm playing through this now.

I have to say I'm a sucker for open class systems so I'm enjoying this so far. Each character is in one of three predetermined class trees: fighter, scout, wizard. Each base class can specialize in attack, defense, or magic which opens up two subclasses each. So for example, if you configure your fighter for attack, you open up Bushido and Master Samurai. So a total of seven classes for each archetype.

You can change classes any time, as long as you can meet the requirements for the new class (which are like accessories that monsters drop). Each class gains experience as you use it, and can gain up to three levels. Each level permanently unlocks a skill for you. You can never change your base, so your main character is always in the fighter tree for example.

Anyway, enjoying the class system and the plot so far. I actually didn't see the mid-game plot twist coming, which is rare.
Old 09-17-2014, 10:32 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Finished this. Ended up being disappointed in the class system. About halfway through the game it branches and you have to pick which branch to play out. The one I picked basically removes the mage class from the game, so I basically only had scout and warrior which really aren't that differentiated.

There appears to be zero post-game content. Finishing the game does open up an IAP item that lets you jump between plot points in a new game (presumably so you could jump forward to the branch and try the other plotline), but that item is priced high enough that I'd need a full playthrough just to earn enough to purchase it.

So overall fairly meh. Plot wasn't bad at least.
Old 09-17-2014, 12:58 PM
iPad

Thanks for the impressions Syro! There's been so many new RPGs that this will most likely get lost in the shuffle for me. I did finish DQ4 as well and am just about done with DQ1. La'Pharrencielle or whatever it's called looked interesting so may start that.

Oh and I just picked up Fairy Fencer F which I'm looking forward to starting. And picking through Goblin Sword as well.