★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: SPECIAL PRICE
50% OFF(USD 7.99 -> USD 3.99)!!!

The life of a man who fights for the one he loves...
Or the future of a girl at the mercy of fate...

-A tragic story unfolds about a lost love

After losing his girlfriend Eris and leaving the Order of Knights, York is confronted by a strange masked man who tells him where to find a mysterious girl going by the name of Fiora...who looks exactly like his dead girlfriend. What will happen when Fiora recovers her lost memories? And who is this secretive masked man?

The wheels of an inescapable fate have started to slowly turn...

-Master the Soul Cages!

A Soul Cage is a special item that benefits its wearer in various ways. By combining various souls that can be obtained by defeating monsters, different looks and fighting styles can be achieved. Characters can also switch to new classes depending on the combination of souls used.

-Multiple endings based on your choice

A turning point that determines the ending will present itself as the story progresses. Which option will you choose, and what kind of future awaits based on that choice?

Youll have to see it with your own eyes.

*This game features some in-app-purchase content. While in-app-purchase content requires additional fees, it is not necessary for finishing the game.
*The actual price might differ depending on the region.

(C)2012-2014 KEMCO/MAGITEC
08-21-2014, 07:16 AM
Official trailer

Ouya gameplay

08-21-2014, 11:04 AM
I'm always a sucker for these games, the promise of multiple endings and class systems only make it hard to resist this. Oh my poor wallet.
08-26-2014, 08:45 AM
Downloaded but since I'm still playing through Dargon Quest IV I probably will not get to it for awhile.
08-27-2014, 11:10 AM
Same -- playing through DQ4 first. Shaun just posted a review though for anyone who wants impressions: http://toucharcade.com/2014/08/27/rp...torica-review/
09-11-2014, 10:22 AM
Finished DQ4 so I'm playing through this now.

I have to say I'm a sucker for open class systems so I'm enjoying this so far. Each character is in one of three predetermined class trees: fighter, scout, wizard. Each base class can specialize in attack, defense, or magic which opens up two subclasses each. So for example, if you configure your fighter for attack, you open up Bushido and Master Samurai. So a total of seven classes for each archetype.

You can change classes any time, as long as you can meet the requirements for the new class (which are like accessories that monsters drop). Each class gains experience as you use it, and can gain up to three levels. Each level permanently unlocks a skill for you. You can never change your base, so your main character is always in the fighter tree for example.

Anyway, enjoying the class system and the plot so far. I actually didn't see the mid-game plot twist coming, which is rare.
09-17-2014, 10:32 AM
Finished this. Ended up being disappointed in the class system. About halfway through the game it branches and you have to pick which branch to play out. The one I picked basically removes the mage class from the game, so I basically only had scout and warrior which really aren't that differentiated.

There appears to be zero post-game content. Finishing the game does open up an IAP item that lets you jump between plot points in a new game (presumably so you could jump forward to the branch and try the other plotline), but that item is priced high enough that I'd need a full playthrough just to earn enough to purchase it.

So overall fairly meh. Plot wasn't bad at least.
09-17-2014, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the impressions Syro! There's been so many new RPGs that this will most likely get lost in the shuffle for me. I did finish DQ4 as well and am just about done with DQ1. La'Pharrencielle or whatever it's called looked interesting so may start that.

Oh and I just picked up Fairy Fencer F which I'm looking forward to starting. And picking through Goblin Sword as well.