★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Blast your way through enemy ships, evade fiery asteroids, sneak through blockades and face off against epic bosses in this action packed space shooter! Then when the blasting is done, raid cargo ships to find procedurally generated items to customise your fighter.

With a zillion different modules to mix and match (shields, missiles, lasers, beams, healing, EMPs) you are never short of ways to turn squads of enemies into beautiful cosmic fireworks.

* Destructive physics - enemy ships spin out of control and smash into each other!
* BIG boss fights!
* BIG explosions!
* RPG Hybrid - tons of procedurally generated items!
* Secret boss and cargo missions appear on the map!
* Engrossing characters and storyline!
* 100 sectors of glorious destruction!
* Classic space shooter gameplay with a twist.

*** UPDATE 1.1.0 ***
Now updated with brand new bosses, enemies, ships and story!

*** THE GEMINI STRIKE GUARANTEE ***
Gemini Strike is a game with a high skill cap. All levels and bosses can be beaten with normal ships, items, and without using Credits to revive. If there is an especially difficult boss or level that you think cannot be beaten, please post it to us on the Gemini Strike Facebook page! We love a challenge and will attempt to beat it on video with a standard ship and items!

Visit our page: facebook.com/GeminiStrikeGlobal
Join us! We'd love to chat and hear your feedback. Tell us what you'd like to see added or removed!

--- LOST DATA? WE CAN HELP! ---
After updating, if you seem to lose your online account, or the data seems 'reset' do not worry! The data is safe, but due to some changes in the way the game finds your ID, it may not be able to find the account at first. It happens to very few users, but if you experience this problem please drop us a message on our support page, or email me at Krin@ArmorGames.com and we can help you get it back.
08-21-2014, 11:09 AM
Lovely pixel graphics? Bullet hell? Procedurally generated equippables? RPG elements? Armor Games?

Great Scott!

08-21-2014, 11:32 AM
Erm guys...this is fantastic!

It's touch controlled with a pseudo-relative touch method. The ship moves to the spot you touch but about an inch off from being blocked by your finger. It works beautifully with all the benefits from either control scheme and none of the limitations.

If you try it out, you must put the sound on! Every enemy explodes with a wonderfully weighty crunch, sending flaming shrapnel coursing across the screen. Your auto-fired shots ping with a satisfying power but not in a repetitive, ear-bleeding manner. The soundtrack is nothing short of the finale from a grand space opera with choruses belting out beautiful and over the top songs like the world is ending.

I'm yet to sample the real good stuff (bosses and loot) and the ugly (IAPs in particular) but this is looking really unmissable in my opinion.

Edit: It would be appear that IAPs are handled mostly through a life system. Basically, an enery bar but one that only goes down when you die which is definitely a more palatable option. I've been hit once in two different levels and it takes a point off your 50 HP bar which is both very generous and rather indicative of a very fair payment system to me.
There could easily be more to it but that's all I've found in Offline mode. The choice to play offline or online is greatly appreciated too, though you can't switch between the two without losing your progress so a decision must be made early on.

I always find that the small touches are my favourite moments in games. Gemini Strike is made of them. Clip an enemy and they'll flinch before restoring course A heavier but not fatal shot will set them afire, leaving them to flare up into a stunning blue flash seconds later. Power-ups are are varied and incredibly effective, denoted by the colour of the pickup, a double tap will launch either hundreds of projectiles, a vicious homing missile, a stuttering but incredibly powerful laser or many more.

Even the midboss fights are satisfying. They're no longer simple bullet sponges that interrupt the flow of chaos, they're deadly menaces that fill the screen with bullets and soak up your shots until gloriously imploding. Add that together with the currency floating around to tempt you into dangerous patches and cargo ships holding loot and you the pace never lulls.

Loot is handled pretty predictably; you'll find crates with items and equip them between rounds. The money you earn is used to pay for the opening so this will most likely be an avenue for more monetisation but it's currently very manageable and well worth the cost.

I'm really enjoying it so far, I'm hoping others do too!

Last edited by PeteOzzy; 08-21-2014 at 11:50 AM.
08-21-2014, 11:39 AM
Looks good. I await it's USA release.
08-21-2014, 11:49 AM
Great find Pete and thanks for the review! Downloading now

Game Center: sink_or_swim
08-21-2014, 12:04 PM
Sector 42 (out of 100) gameplay:

Sector 2.3 guide (no hit) - Blockade

Last edited by Echoen; 09-11-2014 at 12:54 PM.
08-21-2014, 12:05 PM
No problem! Just pardon my over-excitedness haha. Shmups and pixel art went to my head a little!

The bosses are even better in this - absolute bullet hell with space operatics and dubstep. I am so enjoying this!

Edit: I think it may be an NZ Soft Launch unfortunately.

Last edited by PeteOzzy; 08-21-2014 at 01:01 PM.
08-21-2014, 02:31 PM
The Gameplay:

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014
08-21-2014, 05:39 PM
Downloading here in Canada.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, FF Record Keeper, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
08-21-2014, 06:32 PM
Not in PH?!@?#!$!!

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword