★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Prairie Chute 1.1 LIVE on the App Store (Global Leaderboards)

09-01-2009, 09:57 AM
Prairie Chute 1.1 FREE for a limited time!

*** To celebrate over 50,000 online game plays and the pending release of version 1.5, we are offering version 1.1 for FREE for a limited time! Get it know before the update... join in the "Dog Dropping Fun"! ***

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=324616043&mt=8

This update includes global leaderboards with geotagging functionality. Each difficulty level (Easy, Medium & Hard) includes separate leaderboards for Dogs Landed (score) and highest distance dropped in the hole.

In addition, you can now brag your scores directly from the game to your Facebook or Twitter accounts!

We are hard at work on version 1.5 which will include a new "collection" item, the ability to earn extra lives, over 20 Awards (achievements), a new leaderboard, several funny voices and a special costume for the dogs if you unlock the King Ripcord achievement. Here is a preview of some of the award icons:

Stay tuned for some contests and promotions. As always, we welcome your feedback and suggestions.

Thanks,
Matt

Last edited by matt.johnson.mobile; 10-01-2009 at 12:07 PM. Reason: updates
09-01-2009, 10:28 AM
Great

Gonna download it now. Btw I saw the review of your game at Slidetoplay. Looks like they dont have any idea about casual gaming and have no respect for Indie devs. Yes your game is nothing exceptional and there are a lot better games(casual and hardcore both) available for 99cents, but to completely reject it and argue that it`d be better to get minigore instead of burning cash on Prairie Jump was a bit unfair IMO.

09-01-2009, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNoSuperMan View Post
Great

Gonna download it now. Btw I saw the review of your game at Slidetoplay. Looks like they dont have any idea about casual gaming and have no respect for Indie devs. Yes your game is nothing exceptional and there are a lot better games(casual and hardcore both) available for 99cents, but to completely reject it and argue that it`d be better to get minigore instead of burning cash on Prairie Jump was a bit unfair IMO.
Well, I think you have to have a bit of a thick skin in this environment. I didn't really take offense to the review, and a couple weeks ago they made great comments about its humor and style in their Ten to Watch column. Editorials, posts, ratings are purely subjective. My goal is to make games that give people a chuckle and they might want to pick up from time to time and see if they can beat their personal best score (or now other peoples ). The whole goal of marketing a game like this is to find your audience. I know a large segment of the gaming community is looking for deep experiences with state of the art graphics, and I like those games also... but as an Indie... you have to start somewhere and build.

My hope would be for people to give constructive criticism of what can improve the game over time as opposed to throwing a one star at it and saying its crap or comparing it to a game that obviously has much more man-power and marketing behind it. I don't believe in playing the Indie sympathy card though, consumers should demand great games no matter what entity produces it. I will continue to work hard on marketing my game, communicating with customers, improving it and hopefully finding my user base.

Matt
09-01-2009, 11:16 AM
Prarie Shoot has global leaderboards!!

Now you can finally match your small vermin dropping skills with the rest of the tiny creature dropping world!! Prairie shoot is using the AGON system. Works well! This new update is pretty sweet check it out!

Now go beat my score (it's inevitable)

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyraider4 View Post
If only birth control was more accessible...
TTR3 - Maelickai ` Plus+ - Maelick ` OpenFeint - Maelick ` Agon - Maelick -=ADD ME!=-
Me likey - Prairie Chute, Taptap Revenge 3, Cocoto Kart Racing, Xenonia (still), Hybrid - Eternal Whisper, Dungeon Hunter, SkeeBall
09-01-2009, 11:46 AM
New online scores are great. Got the #2 spot for longest drop.

I'm embarrased to say, but I did not know until today that the screen wraps! And so I have an idea for achievement - maybe it is already there , fir being able to drop to x number of holes without needing to tap on any critters and avoiding purely by tilting.

Great update Matt.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
09-01-2009, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
New online scores are great. Got the #2 spot for longest drop.

I'm embarrased to say, but I did not know until today that the screen wraps! And so I have an idea for achievement - maybe it is already there , fir being able to drop to x number of holes without needing to tap on any critters and avoiding purely by tilting.

Great update Matt.
Great ideas! I'm also rolling in an achievement based on your latest wrapping discovery . In fact, here is a list of what we have so far (titles only):

King Ripcord
Flight Command
Fast Lane
Middle of the Road
Easy Street
Mastif
Beagle
Chihuahua
High Dive
Look Out Below
I Can See My House
Walk of Fame
Hollywood
Twinkle Twinkle
I'm Baaaaack
Back on Top
Cactus Catcher
Buzzard Bait
Howl at the Moon
Dozen Ways to Die
Peek-A-Boo
Smack Talk

We anticipate submitting 1.5 sometime next week.

Matt
09-01-2009, 12:16 PM
Oh ya... and thanks to forum members Slapshot & Skyye06 for their winning contest submissions for new "in the hole" voice feedbacks. They are now randomly dispersed in 1.1. Bow-chicka-wow-wow

MJ
09-01-2009, 12:38 PM
I've talked to Matt after playing this for awhile and frankly, I love the darned thing! I have lots of apps, and frankly I've bought alot more expensive ones and didn't like them nearly as much. This game has a perminent spot on my spring board and I'm thrilled to hear an update is on the way!
09-01-2009, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the update! I like the addition of the global leaderboards. I think this game is a fun casual game. I especially like the developer support and continuing improvements. Looking forward to the next update! Gotta go get my name up on that leaderboard !
09-01-2009, 12:49 PM
Yeah, Matt I don't know what you added in this game but it's is so damn addicting. Must be the pup's voice. One of my "after morning coffee" games.

And I can't stop making long drops guessing where the hole is before seeing it.

Thanks for the fast update. And saw this at the App Store "What's Hot" Featured charts today. I'm so happy to see more indie games getting more acknowledged these days. Congratulations and more power!!!

Current Vice: GoF2HD, Bastion, PvZ, Dead Space iPad, FFDim, FFIV, WoGoo, Solomon's Keep, Hook Champ