Universal Etherlords (by Nival)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Nival, Aug 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nival

Nival Active Member

Feb 12, 2014
    Meet the Etherlords — a stunning 3D iOS title that pushes Unity to its absolute limits, arriving on Thursday, September 4!

What is Etherlords?
    Etherlords is a 3D strategy game played in an isometric perspective. The game has a unique “world-building” gameplay mechanic inspired by Carcassonne: Players spend their resources to build tiles, which become living earth (terrain). The new land generates Ether and gives birth to new Creatures that can be collected and deployed into battle. While Etherlords is free-to-play, there is no stamina mechanic. Players can stay in the game (and fight!) until the batteries on their iOS devices run out :)

The game also includes a hefty multiplayer component with asynchronous PvP powered by user-generated worlds and creatures (which can be “fused” together with unpredictable results!). There are more than 180 creatures in total—including Wolves, Dragons, Witchdoctors, Scorpion Kings, and even a mighty Colossus!

Join our Facebook group for more information! --> https://www.facebook.com/Etherlords

KEY FEATURES:
    • Engage in breathtaking battles!
    • Collect and fuse stunningly detailed creatures and fight for your world — or conquer others!
    • Beat your opponent in just 60 seconds — faster than making a cup of coffee :)
    • No need for a constant connection to play; no more interruptions; enjoy PvE and PvP even when you are offline!
    • Create entire worlds and feed them to your creatures!
    • No "stamina": who needs that when you can keep on playing as long you want?
    • Use unique combinations for each battle; sharpen your skills and become the mightiest Etherlord!

iPhone screenshots​

Attached Files:

2. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    This thread should have been created in the "upcoming games section" since it is not out yet. I've marked it for a mod to move it.

3. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #3 Vovin, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
    HOLY SHIP! Just shouted "NO WAY!!" and scared my family by doing so, because I immediately thought about one of my favourite games on PC:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etherlords

Now that I saw that NIVAL is indeed the developer, I am just hoping for the very very best!

Damn. So excited now!

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I just hope this isnt a freemium iteration. :p

5. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #5 Vovin, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2014

*grabs a club, lifts it and runs after EP*

You need to show more excitement or I'll smack you!!

*swings club while running*

6. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I prefer keeping expectations in check. So many times a port/remake just totally failed coz of the freemium aspects... Most especially in RPGs.

7. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Ya, your right, bro. Need to calm and expectations not too high.
    But the description lets me hope.

8. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    This game.... Brings back memories

9. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    It could be great but hopes are low as games that use a lot of these mechanics are such a grind and a bore and aiming to be the best is the only fun. Grinding to fuse mobs sucks.

But hopefully I'm wrong and it's actually fun.

10. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    [​IMG]

11. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Well, it's F2P but thats not a problem to me if they don't go the ad's, intrussive iAP way.
    Also, seems pretty awesome but I really wonder what devices are compatible?

12. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    That felt like a headshot.

13. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
  14. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Everyone does f2p it's silly to hope that it would have been paid.

15. MrMojoRisin

Jul 27, 2012
    True, but even on top of that, if you look at the media and info that has been given on this game, it is NOTHING like the original PC games. This is Etherlords in NAME ONLY.

16. Nival

Nival Active Member

Feb 12, 2014
    Whoah guys, there's no need for violence! :D

Well, it's not! :)
    The game is completely free to play, and stuff in the in-game shop can only speed up the process without giving you immediate advantage before other players! No ultra mega platinum moves :)

While you're technically correct, it's not only the name, but inspiration and setting in general too! We absolutely love the idea of Etherlords: unity (all creatures and races are ultimately various shapes of Ether) as well as possible incarnations of this thought, including the creation of new worlds!
    If you think of it this way, the game is even closer to the original Etherlords series — you are actually an Etherlord here, a being of immense power, shaping the world around you first-hand!

17. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Fusing turns me off a lot on this one, 99% of games do it terribly and ultimately stop me playing.

The rest looks like it could be good/addicting but it's still no premium game. How tactical is combat via different moves? Do chsrachters have skill trees or different skills or anything or is it just set skills per charachter.

18. MrMojoRisin

Jul 27, 2012
    I could have sworn I read somewhere that this game's combat was going to be automatic, but I can't find it anywhere now.

19. Pham

Pham Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Denmark
    The combat is indeed automatic. You select a skill each round to use in a battle, the number of rounds in a battle vary depending on the enemy team and your own team and how fast/slow you are able to finish the opponent.

This game is, pardon me, like many other freemium games before it. Nothing truly innovative.

20. Pham

Pham Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Denmark
    Characters have one active skill, this skill is permanent. You choose one skill each round between your three characters, so the ones you do choose may change the outcome