iPhone Game Dev Clicker

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Nickovision, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Nickovision

Nickovision Member

Mar 24, 2014
    #1 Nickovision, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
    I am developing with a friend a clicker game where you have to create games.
    You start as a single developer, you have to select a platform, genre and theme and start coding.
    You have 1000 clicks (initially ) per development, when you are ready you can publish your game and improve your money and fame.
    With your money you can improve your office, hire new members and train them. In each development you can assign your minions in different task to focus in certain areas of the development.
    You need to figure out which are the best combinations and in what areas you have to improve. Some games need better programming while others need better graphics, you decie what will your team do.

I leave some Screenshots of the game.

One of the offices
    [​IMG]

the new game Screen
    [​IMG]

The main screen
    [​IMG]

We hope to be releasing it in a couple of weeks.

I appreciate your feedback.

Edit 1:
    -------------------------------

This is one of the options for the ingame menu system. I think it will be easy to use than access a new screen every time you need to chose some action for each office.

[​IMG]

2. Game.PN

Game.PN Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Going to the prison called "School"
    Earth,Milky Way
    Is there other offices in other places like a office in montreal?

3. Bandit TA

Bandit TA Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Auckland, New Zealand
    This game actually looks pretty interesting.
    Are there any ads and such?

4. Nickovision

Nickovision Member

Mar 24, 2014
    Not for the moment.

Thanks, this si a first approach to the final art. we have a lot to polish and a lot to animate for the first release. Our first prototype is working very well but we have still a lot to do. We will be releasing a free version with adds and a paid version without adds. It may include some IAP, but we wont make a paid to win game, the main objective of the game will be to unlock secret combinations and improve your office to make the best games posibles.

5. Game.PN

Game.PN Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Going to the prison called "School"
    Earth,Milky Way
    Does the units of PC increase or decrease overtime unlike Game Dev Story?

6. Nickovision

Nickovision Member

Mar 24, 2014
    With each new console you can reach a larger amount of users, if you develop a game for an old console your market will be smaller than with the new ones (Probably you can unlock a brand new Y7 PC with a larger audience than your old pc XT). We are working in the balance of all the values to maintain a good challenge later in the game...

The game is divide in several stages for which we use differents approches to keep asking himself "What is going to happend next?", "How can I unlock the next console?"...

In the begining you have to create you own games by yourself, you can focus in some areas over the others to get better games, when you start to get fame you will need to hire staff to help you. The users will expect better games and you wont be able to do it alone (unless you improve your stats a lot), next if your fame keep raising you will have to focus in train your staff to get better results, and manage in which areas your team will work.

All the offices are independent, you can have 5 design office and 1 for programming, but you can assign them all to produce better programming. you wont have the same impact than asign them to design, but for some combinations (Genre + platform) the result would be better.

Or you can have 1 design office, 3 music and 4 programming and asign some of them to design, others to creativity and the rest in programming.

You will see that each minion have a max number of clicks they can do per development (you have a max number of clicks aswell). If they reach their max they wont give you any more points for that game. When everyone complete their max clicks you will have to publish your game. thats why is important to balance in which areas you asign each minion.

7. Nickovision

Nickovision Member

Mar 24, 2014
    Here is the Designer Office With some modifications. I hope you like it

[​IMG]

8. Bandit TA

Bandit TA Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Sounds promising.
    Good info and I like the way the workers are called Minions. Makes it sound like you are running EA, no love for the workers, just the money.
    Keep up the good work.

9. Nickovision

Nickovision Member

Mar 24, 2014
    Thanks!!!

We are working hard trying to get the game ready as fast as we can. This week we were working in the office and characters animations, the combinations between the different consoles, genres and themes, the upgrade and train system and some other surprises.

Here are some animations:

Music Office
    [​IMG]

Programming Office
    [​IMG]

Next week we will focus on the publish settings, the review system, how to unlock new consoles, genre and themes and with luck all the updates for the player.

I would appreciate any feedback you may have. We will try to release a pc version for testing in a couple of weeks if everything goes as planned.

10. Cuttyflame123

Cuttyflame123 Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2014
    That look very cool. Its sure i gonna try it when it will be in the app store

11. whiteHorse

whiteHorse Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    game designer
    shanghai
    so interesting! when will it be released?

12. TerabyteMobile

Sep 2, 2014
    Awesome, looks great, looking forward to it.