Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 08-20-2014, 06:13 AM

Default Off Topic Swing Copters Discussion

I'm sure there will be alot of negativity in this thread, but think about it, why wouldn't the dude release more games? He says he loves making them, people love playing them and obviously there's a shit ton of money to be made. I personally didn't find Flappy very entertaining but millions did. I'd personally like to see Dong make something deeper and less gimmicky with his trademark graphics..a platformer maybe.
Old 08-20-2014, 06:45 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Man, I gotta tell you, this is certainly going to be no Hodappy Bird
Old 08-20-2014, 06:46 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
I'm sure there will be alot of negativity in this thread, but think about it, why wouldn't the dude release more games? He says he loves making them, people love playing them and obviously there's a shit ton of money to be made. I personally didn't find Flappy very entertaining but millions did. I'd personally like to see Dong make something deeper and less gimmicky with his trademark graphics..a platformer maybe.
Why wouldnt he release more games ? Not a problem with that, hes the one who publically seemed to say he wasnt and took down Flappy Bird which seemed OTT.

I must admit i'm not a fan, Flappy Bird was very poor in my view but the masses seemed to love it. Fair play to the dev for making a ton of money, what i didnt like was the whole 'i'm stopping my game, i wasnt in this for the money....' stuff which sounded fake from day 1. 'Surprise surprise' a few months later another game !

I love the old NES style graphics, its just the gameplay bores me rigid. But its an amazing success story on iOS, i'm sure many devs will be annoyed as they put in weeks of work on graphics and gameplay and something this basic comes out and will be a huge hit.

What will be depressing the next few weeks (months) are the constant clones of this game appearing week in week out

Last edited by psj3809; 08-20-2014 at 06:50 AM..
Old 08-20-2014, 06:52 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

I've played it for 2 minutes and deleted it.
Old 08-20-2014, 06:54 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sink_or_swim View Post
I've played it for 2 minutes and deleted it.
Thanks for your in depth review
Old 08-20-2014, 06:58 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capricornman View Post
Thanks for your in depth review
You're welcome no need to write a review about a simple game like this. It's boring as hell and the hype is over, at least for me.
Old 08-20-2014, 07:06 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
what i didnt like was the whole 'i'm stopping my game, i wasnt in this for the money....' stuff which sounded fake from day 1. 'Surprise surprise' a few months later another game !
I kind of have an issue with people saying this. I understand why you think it but it's all psychology and very much, I imagine, to do with depression. He's clearly a troubled guy and the attention he got from his games, both good and bad, must have weighed massively on him.

I can totally empathise with him; I've wanted to quit the site a few times for personal reasons. Posting here can make me as happy as it can depress me but no matter how hard I try to leave, I'll come back the next week. If he loves making games as much as it comes across in interviews then I'm not surprised he reneged. I think people judged a little quickly on this issue forgetting that there's an actual person on the other end of their criticisms.

Edit: This isn't meant as an attack on you or anyone else, hopefully no one takes it that way.

Last edited by PeteOzzy; 08-20-2014 at 07:08 AM..
Old 08-20-2014, 07:15 AM

I was a hoping that after the whole Flappy debacle he would release an ad-free $.99 game at least.
Old 08-20-2014, 07:23 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorarchitekt View Post
I was a hoping that after the whole Flappy debacle he would release an ad-free $.99 game at least.
Good point.
Old 08-20-2014, 07:57 AM

aah its almost time, the itunes store will be full of flappy clone games such as the flappy swinger, copters flap fap fap, swing flap flappy, fap fapping the flappy bird, bird fapping bird swing, birds gone fapping and many more to choose from on itunes store! i can't wait to buy all of em! i am so flappingly excited. fap fap fap. 😟