★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: SkyGoblin
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 979.3 MB
  • Version: 2.03
  • Price: $6.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Far below the noisy metropolis of St. Armando, Bwana follows in the footsteps of his lost father together with Kito and Lina. In their search for the mysterious Underland, they discover a dark conspiracy shrouding the fate of Captain Kaonandodo.

In the second chapter, the plot thickens as our heroes plunge down into the mist below the Edge and wind up in the foggy and treacherous town of Port Artue where they find themselves cornered by pirates and on the run from the law.

The Journey Down is a classic point-and-click saga with an Afro-Caribbean vibe. Get ready to embark on an epic journey of brain-teasing adventure! Chapter One and Chapter Two are also available for PC, Mac and Linux on Steam.

CHAPTER ONE: is available separately from the App Store here:
https://itunes.apple.com/app/the-journey-down-chapter-one/id580486267

Features:
* A twisting tale of intriguing adventure
* Tons of handpainted environments
* An all original jazzy noir soundtrack
* A fully voiced cast
* HD art and animations
08-24-2014, 09:13 AM
Oooohhhhh finally finally finally

I always wondered when Ep. 2 would come.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

08-24-2014, 09:16 AM
Really liked the first episode.
08-25-2014, 05:03 AM
Come on! A release like this gets only 2 posts?
08-25-2014, 04:19 PM
Ace!
Problem is I have 4 adventure games stacked up to play and zero time to dig into them
Got a bit of the way into Runaway Dream of the Turtle part 2, and downloaded but not started on Broken Sword 5, Dream Revenant and The Last Express. Loved part 1 of this though, beautiful art style.
08-25-2014, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipipitchu View Post
Come on! A release like this gets only 2 posts?
Hope this will get a little more buzz ... The guys who created this game are awesome and I hope chapter 2 get's the attention it deserves!

Judging from previous experiences with the App Store though, crappy sh*t like Flappy Birds often gets a lot of attention while great, intelligent designed games like this one don't even get on the radar of most people.

Still hope they make it to chapter 3 though

Last edited by Gambler; 08-25-2014 at 04:50 PM.
08-25-2014, 04:36 PM
At least for me this was an instant buy - Loved chapter 1 and can only recommend this game to everybody who likes classic adventures. Support these guys, they even gave half of their pre-order earnings to a charity
08-25-2014, 04:40 PM
Bought as well but for Steam instead. The resolution wasn't as sharp as on the iphone so I kinda wished I had bought it here instead
08-25-2014, 05:47 PM
I've just bought it. By the way, Chapter One is currently free!
I wonder why they didn't wait to release it on thrusday to get more attention...
08-25-2014, 06:03 PM
2 years waiting for the 2nd episode... Think it will be worthy to wait 4 more to have complete game (episodes 3+4)?
I really liked episode 1 but length was really short and now i cannot even remember the story :-/