★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: SEGA
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 36.3 MB
  • Version: 1.0.3
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Lets roll! Guide a cute little monkey encased in a transparent ball to victory by tilting and rolling him through a variety of slopes and turns. You must navigate a large variety of obstacle courses to reach goal lines within set time limits. Collect as many bananas as you can along the way and you'll be able to increase your remaining lives. Play through five worlds and 110 stages, designed to be fun for both first-time players and long-time Super Monkey Ball fans. Enjoy rich 3D graphics with an easy-to-master control system that utilizes the accelerometer inside your device. Insanely fun and addicting!

- Super Monkey Ball 2
- Super Monkey Ball 2: Sakura Edition for iPad
- Golden Axe
- Streets of Rage
- Columns Deluxe

FOLLOW US at
twitter.com/sega
facebook.com/sega

eggzbacon's comments:
If you don't have this game, get it, used to be 5.99

09-01-2009, 03:09 PM
this game got boring after awhile

09-01-2009, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alichan76 View Post
Yes, do get it, BUT bare in mind the controls are screwy. I never understood the whole ' must see through the eye of the monkey' thing. It really buggered the game up for me...
Who said anything about seeing through the eye of the monkey? The controls are way too sensitive but I've never thought they were screwy... it came naturally after playing the previous Monkey Ball games on Gamecube.

Either way, prepare for frustration cause this game gets HARD.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
09-01-2009, 03:16 PM
With all the newer games that have been released since SMB's prime, it's hard to see this climbing back up the charts...but who knows, I guess it has the brand name...

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein
09-01-2009, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomaD View Post
this game got boring after awhile
Nice, a comment that could appear in a thread about ANY game on the iPhone, or anywhere for that matter.

Thanks to a very useful 'feature' in SMB I have ground through opening all the bonus levels 3 times on separate installs. A few of the levels are incredibly annoying, but once everything is unlocked, going for times can be pretty fun, and is actually less stressful .

If you haven't played it, this decent price drop should be good motivation to do so. I don't find the controls 'screwy' at all, it's just that getting all bananas on some levels in one life as required, is ridiculously hard. Thank goodness for the die then press home button feature allowing you to take as many lives as you like.
09-01-2009, 03:22 PM
Should be 99 cents....

*awaits onslaught* haha

iPhone 4 32GB OS.4.0.1
Currently playing: Carcassonne [5/5], Flick Football [5/5], Football Manager [5/5]
iPad 64GB OS 3.2.1
Currently playing: Chopper 2 [4/5], Mod Conflict (too short) [4/5], Osmos HD [4/5]
09-01-2009, 03:25 PM
Ok, heres the thing: I have a ten dollar gift card, should I wait for livefire(which will probably be 10 bucks) or get this and other little games?
09-01-2009, 03:26 PM
I've had no issues with the controls on this game. Very worth the 3.99

Gamecenter: Will090
09-01-2009, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsidedown View Post
Ok, heres the thing: I have a ten dollar gift card, should I wait for livefire(which will probably be 10 bucks) or get this and other little games?
Wait for livefire, even though this is a good game.

Gamecenter: Will090
09-01-2009, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsidedown View Post
I'd say get this and other small titles and by the time you finish those, Livefire may have a price drop!