★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: AKPublish
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 125.7 MB
  • Version: 1.3.03
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: A unique blend of RPG and puzzle await you! Become a member of powerful Order that protects the Earth from otherworldly creatures. Travel through the worlds, fight monsters, complete different quests, upgrade your weapons and magic.
Vampires and demons, heroes and monsters await you in realms of Gunspell.

Match 3 battles with a lot of features
Multiple strange new worlds to explore
Hordes of enemies to fight
Tons of different weapons, items and spells!
Awesome graphics!

Game Awards
DevGAMM 2014 Award
MS Windows Store Stuff Pick

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
https://www.facebook.com/gunspell
https://twitter.com/inocoplus
08-27-2014, 02:53 AM
LOL wow what is the theme of this?? Guns and magic eh? I'll bite, it looks fun!

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar
08-27-2014, 04:30 AM
Mini-review:

Really enjoying this one. Seems like its been out on Android for a while with decent reviews. There are some so-so freemium mechanics here but you can get some good playtime without worrying about it. Notable IAP is gold needed to buy bag room. Gold apparently does drop but very rarely? I'm not too sure on that. The game is very fun and imaginative. Has a pretty interesting story. There's some gorgeous art and nifty features like a mini game to restore stamina. There's also a $15 iap purchase to change your account to premium to give you some bonus perks like higher gold drop and double xp.

I do have a gripe about the interface loading constantly (the most annoying going back and fourth from the main map to the marketplace and to the stats screen) and the fighting grid is a bit too small. Other than that, I'm really liking the game. I'd rather have it a line draw (I hate drag matching the most), but I'll forgive it since the core of the game is pretty solid.

Could be the best game this week. I can see why this won an award. Has some irritating freemium but not bad enough to make you want to kick your mobile device.

Also... 348 MB :\

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
08-27-2014, 04:37 AM
^Q: Is the stamina tied to any timers, and does the premium purchase get rid of it? Thanks!

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
08-27-2014, 04:49 AM
No but it takes a bit more explanation.

You're on a map... moving around costs stamina. I forget but I have around 150 max stamina? Moving a spot costs 4 (around this since I can't open the app right now). Initiating a battle costs a varying amount, usually about 4-ish as well. You can also instantly win a battle for a certain amount of stamina or gold. As you can see there's plenty of stamina. To replenish, you tap on mediate and there's a picture of you mediating with buttons dropping from the sky. The buttons will enter a special zone and you input the corresponding buttons for 1 stamina each. Missing will remove one but it's pretty easy. However the longer you play they start dropping faster. You can also enter and quit meditation whenever you want.

Also you get awards for doing certain feats and I think one award gave me 300 stamina for free so I have about 400 stamina (not permanent). Also leveling up increases max stamina I believe.

Hope that helped!

Also if you like loot and RPG elements, this game has it. Lots of dropped items with different rarities and different stat boosts. You use a gun primarily that charges with tile matches. Certain guns charge with different color tiles and different amounts of tiles. You can equip 2 different guns or a two handed gun that takes up 2 slots. So it's pretty extensive. There's also magic that I don't have yet. Inventory will be your biggest enemy right now.

Edit: Oh whoops I forgot, besides inventory, item DURABILITY is problematic. You can only fix them with gold sadly. I think the game will still be playable but it'll be difficult since your items will eventually become unusable unless fixed. Enemies drop items frequently but limited inventory is a problem. I suggest using whatever gold you get to expand inventory and save up for fixing your broken items.

Last edited by L.Lawliet; 08-27-2014 at 05:03 AM.