★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Back to Bed is a 3D indie puzzle game set in a unique and artistic dream world, wherein you guide the sleepwalker Bob to the safety of his bed. To achieve this, you must take control of Bobs subconscious guardian named Subob. The pair travels through a surreal and painting-like dream world, filled with objects used to guide Bob towards the Bed, but also dangers that must be avoided!

No ads and no in-app purchases.

=========

"The lines are blurred between art and game. If you feel like being caught between worlds, this is the game to take the trip with." - Touch Arcade

Back to Bed manages to simultaneously be predictable and surprising, sleepy and lively, scary and comfortingjust like any good piece of Surrealist art. - Killscreen

Back to Bed is what happens when you let Dali, Escher, and Magritte develop a game. - PowerUpGaming.co.uk

What you see isnt always what it seems, and the moments that use these ploys are some of the best Back to Bed has to offer. Its mindbending and an utter delight. - Twinfinite

=========

Awards & Nominations:

- IGF Student Showcase Winner 2013

- Dutch Game Awards 2012: Guts & Glory Award

- Unity Awards 2012: Best Student Project - Nominee

- Nordic Game Indie Night 2012: Finalist

- Casual Connect Europe 2014: Best Console - Nominee

=========

Features:

Unique surreal and artistic game universe: A strange but beautiful dream universe that mixes elements from the real world and the world of dreams to create something unique, surreal and sometimes a bit scary.

Isometric puzzle levels: Navigate detailed 3D puzzles that defy the laws of physics, wherein the player must manipulate the strange environment to create a safe path Bob and avoid the dangers of the puzzle.

Two characters as one: Play as the embodied subconsciousness, in the form of a small guardian creature, trying to save its own sleepwalking body from dangers of the dream world.

Picturesque visual style: Discover the feeling of playing in a piece of art set in a digital frame. A visual style inspired by hand-painted techniques, surreal art and impossible shapes.

Nightmare mode: Unlock a more challenging version of the game, made for those who truly want to test their puzzle solving skills and enjoy thinking many steps ahead, or who are just too stubborn to give up.

MFI Controller Supported

=========

Keep up with Back to Bed at www.facebook.com/Backtobedthegame

Privacy Policy:
Back to Bed sends automated bug reports, device information, gameplay and location data. The information sent does not include personal or private information nor can it be used to reveal the identity of a player. The purpose of the data is to discover bugs and improve the experience of Back to Bed on the most common devices. All information is strictly for internal use and will not be provided to any third party.
08-27-2014, 05:21 AM
gosh, it looks so beautiful and sooooo monument valley . I'm getting this one too. officially bankrupt with bioshock sitting there on my waiting list.

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014

08-27-2014, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
gosh, it looks so beautiful and sooooo monument valley . I'm getting this one too. officially bankrupt with bioshock sitting there on my waiting list.
It's been out on the PC for a short while with pretty good reviews. Some comments on the control scheme but that could be very different for iOS. Definitely an amazing release day!

https://pixelatedparadise.wordpress.com/ - Daily iOS Roundups and Multi-Platform Reviews.
Please note that I am not a moderator; I can't change thread titles, delete threads etc. I'm happy to help where I can but it's likely faster to contact a mod for assistance.
08-27-2014, 05:25 AM
WOah! Another escheresque game like Monument Valley, and this looks so good. Um... I wonder what's going to happen to my one-app-per-week policy... O_o

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
08-27-2014, 05:27 AM
@EP

I'm surprised you lasted this long; it's been a great effort so don't beat yourself too much when it inevitably ends.
08-27-2014, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
It's been out on the PC for a short while with pretty good reviews. Some comments on the control scheme but that could be very different for iOS. Definitely an amazing release day!
ow didn't know bout that, thanks for that. so here is the answer from developers youtube channel to all the confusion between this new version and the old one(on the pc a year ago):

Quote:
The version that you played (about a year ago) is what we now concider as a demo. Back in 2011 Back To Bed was created in 6 weeks as a student project. Alot of water has passed under the bridge since then and some of the developers from the orignial team decided to bring this game a step further. That is why you suddently see it again. And as far as the difference between the two versions goes, I can tell you that there has been a lot of changes: New and improved level designs, a lot of new levels including a new harbour themed world, a new hard-mode, significantly bug fixes and controller improvements, new art assets and animations, achievements and more awesome handrawn art. I hope you're not still confused Stay tuned!

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014
08-27-2014, 05:33 AM
You got to be kidding! Does every good game is coming out today! I want to save some for the next week too! There are some awesome game there too! But no! They have to release everything!
No just take my money.
08-27-2014, 05:44 AM
Back to Bed Trailer HQ 2014:

Back to Bed | Gamescom 2014 Hands-On - AppSpy.com:

Game Center/Steam/PSN: Echoen
How to: embed [youtube] vids | Using [AppInfo]
My Youtube channel

Last edited by Echoen; 08-27-2014 at 05:47 AM.
08-27-2014, 07:04 AM
So a quite Monument-Valley-esque title huh...it looks pretty damn nice from the screenshots. Does this make a better game (if possible)?

I'm just lurking here...menacingly!
08-27-2014, 07:09 AM
Ooh nice! Been waiting for this one, insta-buy! I did play through Monument valley, but that game really was a drag at times, slow, really easy, you kinda had to constantly wait for your character to move in place to finish a puzzle. Hope this is a bit better on that front.

Soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/chris1a-1
Audiobombs (presets and templates for iOS synths):
https://www.audiobombs.com/users/ChrisG