★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Shapist [Universal] $2.99 > Free

08-28-2014, 01:33 AM
#1
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Over The Rainbow
Posts: 3,341
Shapist [Universal] $2.99 > Free




Shapist [Review] [Thread]

Last edited by Andy C83; 08-28-2014 at 01:37 AM.
08-28-2014, 05:46 AM
#2
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 22
just fyi, looks like permanent price change with paywall

What's new
- Universal release
- Free instead of Premium for the first 17 levels.
- More levels (now 65)

08-28-2014, 06:08 AM
#3
I just downloaded and hit the "restore purchases" button which seems to have unlocked the full game for me. Haven't gotten to the end of the free levels but hitting the button showed the paywall get unlocked.. The "buy full game" button still shows a 2.99 price however.. Try it out, maybe it's a bug or maybe they intentionally made it a free restore for now..
08-28-2014, 06:39 AM
#4
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 22
Same experience here, thanks for the tip.
It looks like just hitting restore purchases successfully unlocked it.
(though i'm stuck on 10th puzzle, don't have time to take it past the unlocked paywall now).

Seems like a decent puzzler.
08-29-2014, 01:37 AM
#5
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 3,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamseamonster View Post
I just downloaded and hit the "restore purchases" button which seems to have unlocked the full game for me.
yes it seemed to unlock all the levels "$" exploded and all levels showed. though you can't jump to any puzzle/level. good catch
08-29-2014, 01:48 AM
#6
To make things clear:
It is not a "catch" is it an exploitation of a bug. - If you want full game and haven't bought it before please do use buy full game button - we will send you our love! I Promise you will feel it we spent over 18 months making this game happen, and we are not distributing all levels for free. please support us!
08-29-2014, 01:54 AM
#7
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 3,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by takemuraori View Post
To make things clear:
It is not a "catch" is it an exploitation of a bug. - If you want full game and haven't bought it before please do use buy full game button - we will send you our love! I Promise you will feel it we spent over 18 months making this game happen, and we are not distributing all levels for free. please support us!
Would rather have a full unlock standalone game vs iap full game. personally i skip any iap full lock games, due to can't backup full game if dev pulls it or make major change reissue and new game name.
08-29-2014, 02:13 AM
#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbiggles View Post
Would rather have a full unlock standalone game vs iap full game. personally i skip any iap full lock games, due to can't backup full game if dev pulls it or make major change reissue and new game name.
so you just don't enjoy the game in case at some point developers would re release it or change the name? but then you wouldn't enjoy the new one as well? If I like something and it is not free I buy it I don't think i cant resist buying a game if I like mechanics and design, never thought of things like developers later changing the name
08-29-2014, 02:19 AM
#9
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 3,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by takemuraori View Post
so you just don't enjoy the game in case at some point developers would re release it or change the name? but then you wouldn't enjoy the new one as well? If I like something and it is not free I buy it I don't think i cant resist buying a game if I like mechanics and design, never thought of things like developers later changing the name
no in basic... i want the full standalone game, vs iap full game. so if it gets pulled I got my backup and own the game i paid for, can still restore it on my device years later
08-29-2014, 12:03 PM
#10
Joined: Sep 2013
Location: uk
Posts: 3,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by takemuraori View Post
so you just don't enjoy the game in case at some point developers would re release it or change the name? but then you wouldn't enjoy the new one as well? If I like something and it is not free I buy it I don't think i cant resist buying a game if I like mechanics and design, never thought of things like developers later changing the name
I like to have a full copy of the app, the problem with this type where you unlock via Iap is that should the game get removed from the App Store or whatever, and you've deleted the game to make space, you then can't get the full game back. Whereas if you sync with you of a full copy of the game is stored there and then you put it back on years and years later if you wish, but if it's unlock able via Iap then you may not be able tornestore the game.

It doesn't stop me from unlocking games this way but I personally much prefer paying one full price but understand why it's not always possible.

If I enjoy this I'll be buying the full version rather than exploiting the bug.

Last edited by cloudpuff; 08-29-2014 at 12:15 PM.