Brawlerz Nitro Teaser

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by BailEnemyJet, Aug 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BailEnemyJet

BailEnemyJet Member

Apr 11, 2014
    #1 BailEnemyJet, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
    Retro-styled vehicular manslaughter has never been so much fun!
    This isn't a death rally, or race, it's a fight to the death - pure and simple.

Choose and customise your cars, upgrade offensive and defensive weapons and handling attributes as you blast, smash and crash your way through futuristic battle arenas! Flamethrowers, machine guns, grenade launchers, land mines, oil slicks, guided missiles, zero-point modulators, giant-spinning-death-saws - just about any weapon you can imagine is available for your carnage pleasure.

Features
    - Customisable Cars
    - Upgradable Weapons
    - Multiple Game Modes like Capture the Flag, Soccer, Survival
    - Gameplay Modifiers (Low Gravity, Low Friction, Quad Damage, Raining Mines, etc)
    - Explosions and General Chaos

We'd love to hear your feedback!

2. Tiny Tap Gems

Tiny Tap Gems Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2014
    Coder
    Germany
    Looks pretty cool!

3. BailEnemyJet

BailEnemyJet Member

Apr 11, 2014
    Thanks!

We're really hoping to nail the multiplayer, but we've already built an extensive single player campaign too. We'll keep you updated :)

4. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    ⊙▃⊙

Man, indie devs have been doing great lately

5. BailEnemyJet

BailEnemyJet Member

Apr 11, 2014
    We're a team with a mixed background, from both mobile and console. Between us all we've worked on quite a few titles, including Project Gotham 3 & 4, Transformers, Lollipop Chainsaw, Gun Club 3, Mini Motor Racing, etc.

6. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    looks really cool.... Price?

7. BailEnemyJet

BailEnemyJet Member

Apr 11, 2014
    #7 BailEnemyJet, Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
    We're aiming for a 4th Quarter of 2014 release, so that's coming up really soon. We'll be putting out more information, screenshots and news as we get closer to that milestone.

We haven't yet determined pricing for the game, we'll let you know as soon as we know! :)

8. BailEnemyJet

BailEnemyJet Member

Apr 11, 2014
    An updated trailer!

So, 2014 came and went. We wanted the game to be more action and less 'sandbox physics', so we stripped it back and re-wrote the vehicle physics.

We re-wrote the networking. We added split-screen support. We added PC support. We added console support. We added cross-platform play. This is all great, but we can't do split screen on mobile (without controllers, anyway), we aren't allowed to do cross platform between consoles and mobiles, and the 10 minute round times are just more than most mobile users seem to be willing to bare.

So we're pushing forward with Early Access for Steam, and we're going to get the game nicely polished during that time, then we're going to start working on making it for mobile (it still works on mobile, even now, with less-fancy lighting). I know, 3 years is an absurd amount of time to wait, but we wanted to do it right :)

I'll drop back with new information here as we get closer to a mobile release!

9. BailEnemyJet

BailEnemyJet Member

Apr 11, 2014
    Update

For those of you still following the game, we've launched into Early Access on steam and are now beginning mobile ports, we'll start posting device videos when the time is right!

10. BailEnemyJet

BailEnemyJet Member

Apr 11, 2014
    Mobile Builds

So we've begun work on the mobile ports. Only a few hours in, and things are looking good (we make mobile games for a living, so the project was built to be cross platform). Temp UI is in, and functioning pretty well. Multiplayer functionality is intact (in fact, you can play against PC users transparently right now).

Thought I'd share our progress! Right now, we have builds working on a Galaxy Note 4 and an iPhone 7 Plus.

11. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    My god! I am so very sorry for not seeing this thread sooner. This looks absolutely incredible! What's the price point going to be on this baby?

12. BailEnemyJet

BailEnemyJet Member

Apr 11, 2014
    Pricing

That's a valid question we've not addressed just yet. To be honest, I personally want the most players I can cram into the game as possible - so we'll be factoring that into whatever monetisation system we use. Right now we're still focusing on gameplay tuning :)

13. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    It sounds like your going the f2p route. Please try to incorporate some sort of premium unlock if possible (unlimited energy, remove ads etc...) as an IAP option. Are you going to be doing some open beta testing for this?

14. BailEnemyJet

BailEnemyJet Member

Apr 11, 2014
    I do enjoy a game where I can remove ads for a few bucks, I must admit.

15. BailEnemyJet

BailEnemyJet Member

Apr 11, 2014
    A year has passed, and we have an announcement on the horizon for the mobile version, we'll post back soon with an update :)