My First Mobile Indie Game Need Feedback, Some Help Please...

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by zzdjk6, Aug 29, 2014.

1. zzdjk6

zzdjk6 Member

Aug 29, 2014
    This is my first indie game named CoinsUp and I have released it on App store, Google Play, and Windows Phone Store.

I'm also new to game industry, while only build a toy and a small freelancer project before. (I was a contract web developer)

I received some ranking from Google Play Store but only 1 text review, which complains the game can't be download(in Russia).

I try to follow some tips to let my game go public, thus I build a LandPage, register it on slidedb.com, share it on Reddit/r/IndieGaming, and even considering send emails for some game review sites to get some review.

I hope all these things would let me know the whole lifecycle of making indie game and help me build better game next time.

But lack of feedback is really frustrating for newbie like me. I'll be really thankful if someone were willing to try my game and give some feedback, maybe here, or on sildedb.com.

Thanks for reading my post.

2. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    The very first thing that jumps out is your game logo. It reads like the name of the game is "UpCoins".

If people have the wrong impression of what the name of the game is then that will undermine any positive word of mouth you would otherwise get.

So, I'd either keep the logo and change the name to "UpCoins", or more preferably change the logo so it more clearly sells the name "CoinsUp".

3. Destined

Destined Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    Totally 100% agree with this.