★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The cargo is rolling into the yard and it's up to you to organize and manage it, making sure everything is where it's supposed to be and readying your train for departure.

In Yardmaster, 1-5 players are racing to see who can load their train first while adhering to the connection rules (Railcars may only connect if they are the same type of cargo or the same number.)

The first player to fully load their train becomes the Yardmaster! Will you rule the rails?

Online play support for up to 2 players.
09-03-2014, 05:57 AM
Looks pretty cool but only 2 pics makes me wonder.

09-03-2014, 05:59 AM
I agree, at that price its crazy not to have more images
09-03-2014, 06:04 AM
Found the boardgamegeek entry for it, seems to have been Kickstarter funded. Seems pretty positive in first impressions but I agree that the Appstore page could be a little more helpful!

09-03-2014, 08:18 AM
This is a spin on UNO, hopefully there's an actual game here unlike UNO which is largely a non-game played on autopilot.

"Don't Do This Or You'll Get Banned"
Unnecessary Sass Towards The Admins
09-03-2014, 09:06 AM
Looks like this is going to be my only purchase today. There are two different AI opponents, easy and hard. The game is 308MB installed and I purchased the two IAP for the two expansions at $0.99 a piece. Let me know if anyone has any questions.
09-03-2014, 10:29 AM
Been waiting for this one, game looks like a fun card drafting and set collection boardgame with an UNO twist. Lot more strategy here than UNO. Question on the app; how do you get the exchange token to work? I tried it out, but could only swap the exchange token not activate mine to trade two of a kind of resource for one of another. Otherwise fantastic implementation.
09-03-2014, 12:12 PM
I just watched the video review from Undead Viking on BGG and must say that I dig it. I'll be buying this game tonight and probably the expansions, after work.
09-03-2014, 12:46 PM
Let me know if anyone has any questions
well, first and foremost, how do you like it?! i understand it has no tutorial and the rulebook is just the scanned PDF. that's kinda cheezy from the get go so does it get better? a few game quirks/bugs have been reported over at Pockettactics. so, is it worth the 6 bucks? i personally don't like the UI/card style (kind of that plastic look) but otherwise, how's the game play?

Last edited by Mack the Knife; 09-03-2014 at 12:51 PM.
09-03-2014, 12:49 PM
how do you get the exchange token to work?
from Pockettactics:

"They also need to add visual feedback to the UI when designating the order of discarded Cargo cards when an Exchange token is used. Currently, the first Cargo card selected when buying a Railcar is placed on the top of the discard pile, the second is placed beneath it, and so on, which is counterintuitive. You have to remember this app rule every time you use an Exchange token. "