★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "Conclave: the board game" brings the centuries-old ceremony of Conclave to your iPads and iPhones.

"Conclave: the board game" is in the top 100 rankings in 30 different countries.
Best Board Game and Strategy rankings:
- Italy: 1st
- Costa Rica: 1st
- Philippines: 2nd
- Spain: 2nd
- South Korea: 2nd
- Chile: 3rd
- United Arab Emirates: 3rd
- Brasil: 4th
- Indonesia: 5th

A captivating game of strategy, subterfuge and intrigue, in which the player has to rely on his shrewdness and problem solving abilities to prevail.

Conclave plays out the dynamics of a traditional board game on a digital platform, allowing players to challenge their friends in pass n' play mode, or to test their skills against 13 different levels of artificial intelligence.

A long list of achievements and unlockable objects increases the game's longevity and promises thousands of hours of engaging gameplay.
Keep your candidate secret for as long as possible and try to find out which candidates your opponents want elected: 18 cardinals are in the running to become Pope, but only one will sit on St. Peter's throne.

FEATURES:
* Official version of "Conclave: the board game", with original card set for 2-6 players included.
* Innovative and creative graphic UI in HD quality
* Universal iOS app optimized for iPad, but also available on iPhone without any additional cost
* Available in several languages: Italian and English: German, French, Spanish, Latin coming soon.
* 3 different ways to learn the game: full rule book, simplified rule book, in-game tutorial.
* Classic game mode with 3 rounds (15-45 minutes) and quick game mode (5-15 minutes)
* Single-player mode against 13 different artificial intelligence models
* Unlock new items by completing achievements for more complex gameplay
* All unlockable items are available to buy from the store
* Play with up to 6 players in pass'n'play mode
* Play mixed games with human players and artificial intelligence (also with different levels)
* Gradually increase game complexity, by decreasing the time limit for each turn in the hourglass settings
* Share your achievements and elections with your friends on Facebook and Twitter
* iPhone design optimization coming soon

"Conclave: The board game" is a DIGITALBOARDGAMES game: www.digitalboardgames.eu

PeteOzzy's comments:

I'm assuming the game is in English when you start playing but obviously there's a chance it isn't so go in prepared!
09-03-2014, 08:20 AM
Yoink! You called it, Pete.

While it claims multiple languages support, they're all coming in a future updates evidently!

So unless you speak Italian, you might want to hold off until it gets updated.

It looks like a very deep game with lots of unlockable content and neat stylized art, so I won't be asking for a refund, but I do still find it tacky for a game with an English title and description (even if there were a couple of typos) to claim multiple language support and not deliver.

They even said "English and Italian first" with the other languages to soon follow.

Looking forward to the promised update then, I guess.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

Last edited by LordGek; 09-03-2014 at 08:52 AM.

09-03-2014, 11:02 AM
I think this is the first app I have seen to actually advertise "pay to win" as a feature.
09-03-2014, 12:40 PM
Looks good but I will probably be waiting for the English language support before I decide to buy this one.
09-03-2014, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMojoRisin View Post
I think this is the first app I have seen to actually advertise "pay to win" as a feature.
Didn't it just mean unlock stuff through play or, for a flat fee, unlock everything at once.

My iTunes Reviews
09-03-2014, 02:34 PM
Just clicked the App Support link to warn the dev before they're flooded with one star reviews if this is an accidental release, but the only means of contact is an address near Milan or an Italian phone number.

I do speak a little Italian, but I'm not sure that I want to warn them that much!
09-03-2014, 10:25 PM
NOTE: the iTunes Description has been edited from what was posted above. It now says Italian first, English at the end of September

99 is an intro price. I wonder if you buy it now for that price will the "English version" just come as a free update? if you wait a month for English I presume you'll be paying full price of 3, 4, or 5 bucks or whatever it will be. Anybody gonna buy it cheap and hope for a free update? The description says 'English (next update)' so I think it will be free. Although, I did noticed the game got few, and quite low, ratings on BGG.

Last edited by Mack the Knife; 09-03-2014 at 10:45 PM.
09-03-2014, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack the Knife View Post
NOTE: the iTunes Description has been edited from what was posted above. It now says Italian first, English at the end of September

99 is an intro price. I wonder if you buy it now for that price will the "English version" just come as a free update? if you wait a month for English I presume you'll be paying full price of 3, 4, or 5 bucks or whatever it will be. Anybody gonna buy it cheap and hope for a free update? The description says 'English (next update)' so I think it will be free. Although, I did noticed the game got few, and quite low, ratings on BGG.
I've never heard of additional languages being added as an IAP, so I'll patiently await the update.

I see several games called Conclave at BBG, are you sure you were looking at the same game? Have a link? Perhaps if I find English instructions I can fake it.

My iTunes Reviews
09-04-2014, 10:21 AM
This is the link to the one made by DIGITALBOARDGAMES. i casually looked but never found any rules PDF.

you said "looks like a very deep game with lots of unlockable content" so you think it's worth buying now on the cheap and waiting the month for english?
09-04-2014, 04:08 PM
i believe they pulled the app...