Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-03-2014, 06:08 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default Noir Run (by Kronnect)

Last edited by PeteOzzy; 09-03-2014 at 11:14 PM..
Old 09-03-2014, 06:39 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Old 09-03-2014, 06:43 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Looks great, kinda like Pacman in Limbo land ! Love the black and white graphics, strange then to see the yellow character !

Video looks great, i'll be picking this one up later. Cant have enough platformers
Old 09-03-2014, 06:47 AM

Wow looks awesome , i like the contrast between the yellow pacman and the scenery!
Old 09-03-2014, 06:47 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Looks great, kinda like Pacman in Limbo land ! Love the black and white graphics, strange then to see the yellow character !

Video looks great, i'll be picking this one up later. Cant have enough platformers
It's definitely odd, glad I'm not the only one to think that! I can't turn down an indie offering like this so it's added to my list too, great week for platformers!
Old 09-03-2014, 07:00 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I find the character design a little out-of-place from art-style, to the "mood"
Old 09-03-2014, 07:01 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
I find the character design a little out-of-place from art-style, to the "mood"
Yeah same here. Plus the main character seems a bit 'clip-arty'. The background graphics look great, great imagery just the cheesy pacman character looks weak

I'll get this whatever and i'm sure the gameplay is good but i think it would have been more polished without that yellow ball
Old 09-03-2014, 09:29 AM

Default Trailer 2!

Old 09-03-2014, 09:39 AM

Default Noir Run... run, run!

I had the chance to check Noir Run out some time before its official release, and I must say it's been a pleasant surprise. In a game market full of choices, it's very seldom that you face something captivating, intriguing and fresh - and Noir Run is the case.

From the first time I laid my hands on it, I noticed a superb work in the game atmosphere -really making honor out of its name- with visuals that had nothing to envy from latest indie masterpiece Limbo, and even over many mainstream million-dollar budget games.

You play as a colorful smiley lost in a black and white world with menacing, dark & misty ambience. Each stage represents a new day, and the foes and difficulties in your way really make it hard to get to the end. But once you do, every day has a new learning for you to get - a beautiful parabola of real life's everyday struggle. This way you go completing your days, and collecting the phrases your masters have for you to learn, until maybe you get to know something bigger...

The gameplay, along with the rich & layered parallax visuals, is one of its high points as well: it's packed full of diverse enemies in all shapes and sizes -from blades that cut through the floor, tentacles that grab you from the sky and some amazing boss fights- in a super fast-paced tempo. You need to be quick on your mind and fingers to get over this sometimes crazed out environment. Top all that with some amazing power ups and you got yourself a winner.

In short: Noir Run follows the path of the best exponents of the genre and even goes its way beyond, with an interesting narrative that goes along perfectly with the game, fitting it to a T. If you have yourself some minutes to spare (and you do!) download Noir Run and give it a try... you'll experience yourself what's like to, literally, run for your life.

Valentin
Old 09-03-2014, 09:41 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

How did you get a look at this game before hand ? Are you the dev/friend of the dev/journalist etc ?

Interesting reading but hate to say it but with so few posts i'm a bit unsure of this review. Wouldnt mind hearing from a forum regular