App description: Dawn Tanks is a turn based tank warfare game where you command several high tech tanks and engage enemy tanks, artillery, and even air support. The game uses a new proprietary engine for expansive outdoor environments and an innovative rotary aiming system.

- Over three dozen missions with difficulty settings from casual to elite!

- Earn upgrades like different camouflages, explosive rounds and advanced sensors as you progress through the campaigns!

- A custom graphics engine allowing near infinite horizons, vivid environments and the engagement of enemies kilometers away!

This game is try-and-buy: you can play the first several missions for free but you must purchase the full game to unlock all content.
09-03-2014, 06:02 AM
3D Scorched Earth? Coz with all the weapons in that game i really enjoyed it.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

09-03-2014, 07:33 AM
Will try this. Actually wanted to make a game like that for a while and, as always, ideas come to many heads in the same time. =)
09-03-2014, 11:56 PM
Touch controls are flakey, game stalls when making adjustments on the narrow dials, seems to happen if swipe goes off screen. 3d controls just as difficult, sometimes not responding, sometime only one axis. Additionally, the turret orientation doesn't appear oriented to logical 360 compass headings. While I'm no expert, I'd expect north on the battle map to align to either 0 or 90 degrees, however 0 is assigned to the units starting heading. Even with that taken into account, the turret rotation offset and the perceived bearing of enemy's on the map, don't seem to follow traditional 360 compass degrees of variance. Perhaps I'm just an idiot.

While it's an interesting take on artillery duel, flakey controls and frustrating targeting system made this less than enjoyable.
09-04-2014, 06:13 AM
I do not seem to be having the same problems with the controls, they work fine for me playing on a iPad. Overall I am enjoying the game, I remember playing a similar 2D game on my Oric 1 (showing my age there) for hours. The game plays nice and slow, looks great and does require the brain to be engage as you try to work out distances / angles. So far I have completed the free section without much fuss, although the tutorial did not seem to work as it should, but it is relatively easy to work out what you are meant to be doing.

A new enemy type was unlocked durning this fourth mission, which was a nice touch. There appears to be no wind factor so far, but mabye that will be added / part of latter levels.

I think I will take the plunge and unlock the rest.
09-04-2014, 04:15 PM
Small update, I did unlock the full game and I am still enjoying it, the problem with the tutorial that I had was down to me. If you play the 'target' missions you get more input (I did not find this out till about 9 missions into the campagin) about the controls.

Particularly usefully is the 'reply last shot button', which is part of the said tutorial!

Last edited by wicro; 09-04-2014 at 04:18 PM.
09-05-2014, 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgaetano View Post
PHP Code:
[CENTER][hdyoutube]x_7Nbkx-OJA[/hdyoutube][/CENTER
09-05-2014, 01:19 PM
@Sanuku: Thank you.