★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Ezone.com
  • Genre: Family
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 27.1 MB
  • Version: 1.0.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (3)
App description: ** GALACTIC GUNNER FOR THE MAC NOW AVAILABLE IN THE MAC APP STORE - DOWNLOAD NOW!! **

TOUCHARCADE: "The whole package creates an experience unlike anything on the App Store, and the game feels like playing an episode of a wonderfully cheesy low-budget 80's Sci-Fi show, especially whenever the Trepidoids speak."

148APPS: "Galactic Gunner truly shines in the graphics and sounds department. Spectacularly cinematic levels are truly immersive, and one short cut scene at the end of the last level was so intense that I found myself on the edge of my seat."

SLIDETOPLAY: "Galactic Gunner is a solid buy. It's a tightly focused and memorable shooter with a lot of clever humor."

APPYOURMAC: "If you love space battles, get it. If you liked Starfox or classic arcade shooters, get it. If you just want pick up and play explosions, get it. Galactic Gunner, by Ezone, packs a pretty significant amount of fun into a tiny package."

CNET: "With cinematic space scenes, a solid and often funny storyline, and challenging gameplay, this game lives up to the hype and is definitely one to grab."

DESCRIPTION

Listen up Cadet! This is your Captain speaking. You are the Gunner - leave the flying to me!

Galactic Gunner is a new space shooter from Ezone.com - developed by the Edis brothers Jamie and Simon from Australia. They decided to make the space game theyve always wanted to play: no difficult flying controls, no gettting lost in space, no hits from behind, no complex instructions to wade through just eye-popping 3D action from the get go!

In Galactic Gunner you shoot down targets by touching the screen. Your pilot is a seasoned veteran who handles the steering (and audio commentary) so you can concentrate on the fun part: destroying any targets that cross your path!

Galactic Gunner has something for all ages and skill levels, with intuitive but challenging game-play. Your skill and accuracy (not just trigger/tap-happy luck) will earn you one of 15 different medals do you have what it takes to earn the 'SuperNova Supreme'?

And if you are looking for a great way to show off your iPhone, then look no further! The dynamic lighting, real-time 3D graphics and effects of Galactic Gunner will amaze you and blow your friends away!

FEATURES

Eye-popping real-time 3D graphics
Something for all ages and skill levels
Cinematic camera angles and cut-scenes
7 challenging missions to unlock
15 different medals to earn
Humorous salute to classic sci-fi movies and games
Full dramatic soundtrack
Over 200 lines of entertaining audio dialog
Touch controls
3D menu system: swipe left or right to access options
Auto-save: replay any mission whenever you want
3 game save slots
Dynamic 3D lighting and effects
Vibration feedback (iPhone only)

Other Ezone.com games you may like: Crazy Snowboard, Crazy Turkey Blast, and Scarecrow.

Galactic Captain's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up

App Store Link: Galactic Gunner (US$0.99)

Listen up Cadet!

This is the Galactic Captain!

And it's Brag Time!!!!!!

That's right! The latest version of Galactic Gunner has a new brag email
OS 3.0 feature! You can now send a brag email with your score and rank
without leaving the game!!

Right! Now let's get straight to the point...

For those of you haven't bought it yet -

Galactic Gunner is an Awesome new Space Shooter game by the Edis Brothers from Ezone!

In the game you play the role of my galactic gunner!
I'm in charge of the flying and you're in charge of the shooting!

Shoot down and destroy targets by touching the screen to aim and fire!

I start you off on your Galactic training and then together we go on
to rescue a damsel in distress and then take on the evil Trepidoids!

Check it out:

Your skill and accuracy will earn you one of 15 different medals -
Do you have what it takes to earn the "SuperNova Extreme"?

FEATURES:

Something for all ages and skill levels!
7 challenging missions to unlock!
15 different medals to unlock (then brag email about)!
Humorous salute to classic sci-fi movies and games!
Full Wicked-Cool Dramatic Soundtrack!
Breath-taking graphics with dynamic lighting!
Touch controls
3D menu: swipe left of right to access options!
Auto-save: replay any unlocked mission whenever you want!
3 game save slots!
Fantastic Sound effects!
Stunning real-time 3D cutscenes!
Heaps of hilarious entertaining audio radio chatter dialogue!
Vibration feedback (iPhone only)!

Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch!
Requires iPhone OS 2.1 or later.

Still not convinced?
Then what are you waiting for? Get the free LITE version now!
Try it out for yourself!!

App Store Link: Galactic Gunner Lite (Free)

I'm telling ya - Galactic Gunner is a Bonza game!!!

But don't take my word for it, checkout these review excerpts (including reviews from fellow TouchArcaders)...

TOUCHARCADE:
"The whole package creates an experience unlike anything on the App Store, and the game feels like playing an episode of a wonderfully cheesy low-budget 80's Sci-Fi show, especially whenever the Trepidoids speak."

CNET:
"With cinematic space scenes, a solid and often funny storyline, and challenging gameplay, this game lives up to the hype and is definitely one to grab"

APPYOURMAC:
"If you love space battles, get it. If you liked Starfox or classic arcade shooters, get it. If you just want pick up and play explosions, get it. Galactic Gunner, by Ezone, packs a pretty significant amount of fun into a tiny package."

148APPS:
"Galactic Gunner truly shines in the graphics and sounds department. Spectacularly cinematic levels are truly immersive, and one short cut scene at the end of the last level was so intense that I found myself on the edge of my seat."

SLIDETOPLAY:
"Galactic Gunner is a solid buy. It's a tightly focused and memorable shooter with a lot of clever humor."

Big Albie:
"...the replayability is definitely there if you're looking for a tap shooter, and on top of that, the graphics, animation and Aussie voiceovers are top notch."

Skamando:
"Overall, I give this game a 8.5 out of 10.
It has a good bit of fun and humor, and it looks great, feels good, and has a pleasing level of challenge... If you like arcade shooters and are into cheesy Sci-Fi, I'm sure you will love this."

The Bat Outta Hell:
"Amazing voice acting, and hilarious dialogue, just like a cheesy scifi show.
Lots of medals to be won!
Great on rails shooter
No lag no matter how many explosions
Clever puns
Encourages replay value by aiming for perfect scores
It's got Wingman A in it
Feels like an interactive movie, I love it.
Beautiful backgrounds, especially the blue planets/stars
Overall: 4/5"

Kamazar:
"I'm actually gonna play it through again The fact that the game's score is based on accuracy more than completion cranks the difficulty up a good 3 notches. Combine that with the fact that the HUD isn't stationary but instead weaving around asteroids and Trepidoids, this isn't another one of those stupid target smashing games. I'd say it beats Metal Gear Solid because of it."

Factor05:
"It is actually pretty good cobber! Being australian it is bloody funny and a great effort at taking the piss. My sheila likes it as well so she is also going to grab the lite version."

minefield:
"Honestly it's a fun and very funny game. I'm Australian but I had no choice but to laugh at the stereotypes loaded within the characters."

eggzbacon:
"Good graphics
Great voice acting
Awesome icon
Great voice acting
Awesome tap-to-shoot controls
On-rails is very well done and moves well"

APPyhourreviews:
"Galactic Gunner is a fantastic on rails shooter that really seperates itself from the pack. Set in space, you control a fighter ship and have two fellow wingmen. You tap to shoot the bad guys. Its a pretty hard game, which may be a good or bad thing, but i enjoyed the challenge. The graphics are fantastic and really set the scene for game setting. Overall, its a great game and well worth it to pick up for everyone. And its only a dollar so you really cant go wrong. Fantastic value for a fantastic game.
4/5"

Nico75:
"Galactic gunner has good depth because of the ranking system and the replayability of the levels... The best part of galactic gunner was the great graphics which fulffiled my dreams of being a space pilot from watching all of those star wars films when I was young.
What really sets galactic gunner apart is the hilarious voice acting that will have you laughing throughout the game.
The music in galactic gunner is great and the soundeffects are even better."

zlibd:
"Galactic Gunner is an ace of a game....
Also replay value is found here, as the ranking system which rises depending on how many points you have and perfect medals awarded for 100% in accuracy and number of enemies you destroy will make you want to go back and finish off every last Trep."

PureSkill:
"How else can you describe Galactic Gunner other than with Bonza, Rippa, and Struth!!!!! Galactic Gunner has it all - Music, Sounds, Gameplay, Graphics, and of course awesome commentary by the Galactic Captain, Wingman A & B, and the insidious Trepidoids!"

----------

If you've already bought it - Thanks for all of your support cadets!!!!

If you haven't already bought it - What are ya bloomin' waiting for?

RIPPA! BONZA!! BEAUTY!!!
09-02-2009, 02:19 AM
dear capt,

what is the new thread for?

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*

09-02-2009, 02:55 AM
LOL, the post is longer than the game.
09-02-2009, 03:00 AM
I think its announcing an update for the game:
Quote:
New OS 3.0 feature: send a brag email with your score and rank without leaving the game.

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG
09-02-2009, 03:00 AM
Man, this game would be even better with Plus+.

back
09-02-2009, 03:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bat Outta Hell View Post
Man, this game would be even better with Plus+.
well so would most games...
09-02-2009, 03:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_10 View Post
well so would most games...
... True

Plus+ would work better on GG if the scoring was changed up a bit (no idea how), or else the leaderboards would be loaded with perfect scores.

back
09-16-2009, 03:05 AM
Attention Galactic Cadets!!

Be sure to grab Galactic Gunner at its current price (US$0.99)!!!

App Store Link: Galactic Gunner (US$0.99)

Hurry Galactic Cadets!!

Bonza!!!
09-18-2009, 08:54 AM
Another Reminder!!

Be Quick Cadets!!! The Galactic Gunner 66% Off Sale ends Friday!

Get it Now!!!
10-16-2009, 12:34 PM
Attention Space Cadets!

G'day Cadets!!!

Any suggestions as to what features you would like to see added to
ezone's Galactic Gunner?

Or is it like me... perfect the way it is?