★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Immerse yourself in Etherlords, a marvelous fantasy universe where the Vitals, Kinets, and Chaots are locked in a deadly confrontation for the worlds most vital and important resource. Crush your enemies, collect and evolve your creatures, and discover new strategies to dominate in PvP battles and daily tournaments.

Features:

- Intense dynamic battles with outstanding animations and visual effects
- More than 200 creatures and heroes to fight under your command
- A huge number of upgradesevolve and merge your creatures in the Sky Lab
- Daily PvP tournaments. Climb the ladder and win the Grand Prize!
- Epic bosses with unique abilities and challenging counter-strategies
- Seasonal and daily events with exclusive gameplay and unique enemies

Stay up to date with the latest news and best victory strategies on the Etherlords Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/Etherlords

Recommended devices: iPhone 5 & higher, iPad 3 and iPad mini 2 & higher.

Please note that the game is free to play but you can purchase some items in it with real currency. However, this is not essential to get a perfect game experience.

PeteOzzy's comments:

Please don't hate me because it's free...
09-03-2014, 01:50 PM
I'll wait for imps before checking this out myself.

I love the "NO LIMITS" in the description though.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

09-03-2014, 01:54 PM
Oops, out already. Good news at least I guess! Will be trying this asap
09-03-2014, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
I'll wait for imps before checking this out myself.

I love the "NO LIMITS" in the description though.
Since it is f2p it's hard for me to believe it has "NO LIMITS".
09-03-2014, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipipitchu View Post
Since it is f2p it's hard for me to believe it has "NO LIMITS".
Well... You may be right, but i want to keep my mind open to what they have in store for us.

Quote:
NO LIMITS
Forget about stamina to replenish or buildings to construct. Fight enemies anytime you want!

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
09-03-2014, 02:06 PM
It's out in the US app store for some reason but I'll take it.

We'll see how "NO LIMITS" this really is. I'm a sucker for card battlers and the such.

If we could harvest human stupidity to run our electricity, and our cars, the world would see a new era of clean, renewable energy. That's an amazing resource we're wasting.
09-03-2014, 02:14 PM
I really wish this was a premium title but since it's F2P I guess it's worth a try.
09-03-2014, 03:17 PM
So far it's quite enjoyable. Very light on the strategy in battles with creatures acting automatically and special attacks between turns chosen by you from a selection of one per team member. In between battles, you use the tiles you earn to build up a map to unlock more creatures. I was a little disappointed with this element - I envisaged Carcassonne-style world building with a lot of freedom but you're pretty much relegated to just filling in blanks that only have one possible filler.

It's got the usual monster levelling, collecting and fusing which is all nice and working. No energy bar or timers yet but there are lives. If they're depleted then you have to restart the current mission but I don't see anything in the way of blockages on playing. Seems like they've been pretty honest with that.

There are three currencies I've found so far, all the usual stuff. None of which I've come close to running out of but of course that time will come; they have to make money somehow after all.

It's very pretty, even on my older device and it's a decent freemium RPG, I just don't know how happy fans of the series will be; I doubt this is entirely faithful to the original formula.
09-03-2014, 03:30 PM
The main thing I don't like is that the game regularly wants to connect to the internet to download enemies to fight or another world to build. That really limits now long you can play the game offline before you need to connect to the internet for more gameplay. I guess this is to be expected from a F2P game and another reason I wish it wasn't.
09-03-2014, 04:43 PM
I downloaded this and started playing. Love the animations, gameplay and character artwork. World building really isn't much more than another way to advance to the next stage of the game. My concern after completing the first world was I went and checked out the IAP store. I was prompted with a booster purchase for $25, yikes! There are obviously other options once I closed that window but I was a little surprised I didn't get at least 1 free booster, maybe I will later. Worth checking out but I can't see myself dropping money on this game yet.

Game Center & PLUS+ ID: Pro Digious
Dragon Blaze: Prodigious