★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Doodle Jump 1.6 with Force Shield is OUT

09-02-2009, 03:40 AM
#1
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: bavaria
Posts: 1,952
Send a message via Skype™ to mattll
Doodle Jump 1.6 with Force Shield is OUT

hope this is the first thread
just dl will write down impressions later

Quote:
Wow! You are the Lionel Messi of the Touch Soccer world!!!
i tested 31 games
09-02-2009, 03:52 AM
#2
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 442
Wow, that's fast. I love doodle jump.

Gun Builder ELITE - Build, customize & fire your own guns.
Gun Builder ELITE HD - For iPad

09-02-2009, 04:04 AM
#3
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,237
Me too! Yay!
09-02-2009, 04:34 AM
#4
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: bavaria
Posts: 1,952
Send a message via Skype™ to mattll
looks really nice so far
but i think it would be better if creatures would be gone if u hit them with shield on

Quote:
Wow! You are the Lionel Messi of the Touch Soccer world!!!
i tested 31 games
09-02-2009, 04:36 AM
#5
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattll View Post
looks really nice so far
but i think it would be better if creatures would be gone if u hit them with shield on
agree


Also i think it would be cool if you added another powerup which is x-ray goggles or something that when you where then you can tell when hazards are approaching.
09-02-2009, 07:36 AM
#6
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,091
Send a message via Yahoo to thegamerocks06
The update is really cool! The movable platforms are so fun! =D
BTW why don't people here care much about this game?! Just 4 posts about such an awesome game? Strange! :|
09-02-2009, 09:01 PM
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattll View Post
looks really nice so far
but i think it would be better if creatures would be gone if u hit them with shield on
thanks! we thought about that, but then you would not be able to jump on them mario-style, and coming up in the next update, there will be a situation where the only way up is by jumping on the monsters!

Igor : Lima Sky
LimaSky.com
Twitter - @LimaSky
facebook - facebook.com/DoodleJump
09-02-2009, 09:05 PM
#8
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Where the Grass is Green and the Girls are Pretty
Posts: 2,740
What height are the movable platforms at? I haven't found any yet

PS This game has a *bug* (for lack of a better word) I was was playing at around 20,000 feet and I got a helicopter hat and I flew past one of those situations where there you need to jump on a spring platform to get to the next platform. And my helicopter hat ran out so I was too high to land on a platform below me and not high enough to reach the next one. Just a minor complaint, just kind of pissed me off when it happened

Gamecenter: Will090
09-02-2009, 09:09 PM
#9
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Where the Grass is Green and the Girls are Pretty
Posts: 2,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will090 View Post
What height are the movable platforms at? I haven't found any yet

PS This game has a *bug* (for lack of a better word) I was was playing at around 20,000 feet and I got a helicopter hat and I flew past one of those situations where there you need to jump on a spring platform to get to the next platform. And my helicopter hat ran out so I was too high to land on a platform below me and not high enough to reach the next one. Just a minor complaint, just kind of pissed me off when it happened
Nevermind just found some

Gamecenter: Will090
09-02-2009, 09:10 PM
#10
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 307
Woah, I LOVE those drag and drop platforms. Pretty clever idea.
I usually drag and hold one in a corner and keep it with me for emergencies. ;P