★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Galaxy Run $0.99 > FREE

09-04-2014, 09:39 PM
Galaxy Run $0.99 > FREE

148 Review 3.5/5 http://www.148apps.com/reviews/galaxy-run-review/
"By default players will find a few power-ups to help them during more challenging levels. These include making Rez run in “slow-mo” mode, turning on “invisibility” for dodging hard to pass objects, and being able to skip a level.
Whilst Galaxy Run doesn’t necessarily bring anything particularly new to the space runner genre, and putting aside my dislike of the included in-app purchase options, Galaxy Run‘s fun sound effects and triply techno back beat really do set the mood for future replay – if only to hear the soundtrack again. Being able to share a full video of a single level’s gameplay via FirstPlay also made for first good impressions, with sharing options being abundant, easy to use, and well implemented overall."

Last edited by mrbiggles; 09-04-2014 at 09:43 PM.
09-05-2014, 03:43 AM
Apparently those who bought it have ads too now.
09-05-2014, 09:16 AM
Originally Posted by Duke12 View Post
Apparently those who bought it have ads too now.
Yeah. I only see ads on the title screen.. once in the menus or playing the game the ads are gone.

Overall I kind of don't like this game because of the arbitrary way it handles scoring. I read what the dev wrote in the thread for the game about how it's all based on physics and that certain jumps and whatnot will cut time down and so it's rooted more pure physics. Well, that just makes the highscore part of this seem pointless since you can play the same level over and over... jump at the same spots and get vastly different times all because of foot placements too small to really see.

Still, for those that don't care about leaderboards and stuff... it's a pretty solid game and the ads (for me) seem to only show on the title screen. For me it's a delete but others may find this exceptionally fun.

This gamer runs on premium games.