★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: TouchWars Lite released!

09-02-2009, 08:34 AM
#1
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Uppsala, Sweden
Posts: 159
TouchWars Lite released!

Hey, hey all.

Just wanted to let you all know we just released the Lite version of TouchWars! So now everyone can get a chance to discover the game (and of course hopefully getting hooked enough to buy the full verison. )

Get it here.

The description:
TouchWars is a frantic, action-packed retro shooter using the revolutionary multi-touch input scheme first debuted in our game "ElectroCUTE" and now perfected in TouchWars!

Features:
- Revolutionary multi-touch interface; Instead of obstructing the view of your target with your fingers you create electricity bolts inbetween two, or even three, of your fingers.
- Upgrade your arsenal with bombs, extra lives, score multipliers and shields.
- Several different enemies with different tactics and characteristics.
- Two game modes.
-- Sequence; Can you zap your way through all the 60 increasingly more frantic levels!?
-- Survival; How long can you survive the endless waves of new enemies?
- Online highscores; Can you become number one?

Video:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=B6a9LmzLVaM&fmt=18

Youtube link | Pop Up
09-02-2009, 08:47 AM
#2
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 815
animation looks really good. hmmm... tempting

09-03-2009, 10:40 AM
#3
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Uppsala, Sweden
Posts: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_10 View Post
animation looks really good. hmmm... tempting
Well... it's free so there's no harm in trying it out.
09-03-2009, 10:47 AM
#4
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: California
Posts: 1,506
looks pretty fun. although there's alot of retro style games in the app store already
09-03-2009, 03:55 PM
#5
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Uppsala, Sweden
Posts: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomaD View Post
looks pretty fun. although there's alot of retro style games in the app store already
Heh, true.
I'd definitely love to hear what you guys think of our control scheme though. The idea being that with usual "tap to shot" games you obstruct whatever it is you're trying to shoot, but with our method with multi-touch you have to push where you DON'T want to fire giving you a better view of the playing field.

That's the idea anyway.
09-03-2009, 04:11 PM
#6
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,639
Back when the full game came out, I played a ton of it. Its a lot of fun, but try the lite version first to make sure its your "thing".

Associate Editor, Slide To Play and Padvance
Follow me on Twitter
Feel free to email me at tim@slidetoplay.com if you want to bring a game or update to our attention.
09-03-2009, 04:13 PM
#7
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Saratoga, CA, USA
Posts: 11,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by blikstad View Post
Heh, true.
I'd definitely love to hear what you guys think of our control scheme though. The idea being that with usual "tap to shot" games you obstruct whatever it is you're trying to shoot, but with our method with multi-touch you have to push where you DON'T want to fire giving you a better view of the playing field.

That's the idea anyway.
I'm interested but are the bad guys always in the same formations for each level? Like will the baddies always follow the same flight patterns in the third level?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
09-03-2009, 09:52 PM
#8
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Uppsala, Sweden
Posts: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
I'm interested but are the bad guys always in the same formations for each level? Like will the baddies always follow the same flight patterns in the third level?
There's two game modes, survival and sequence.
In survival "random" (well, sort of) waves of enemies are spawned, and in sequence you play a defined set of levels.

So, yes, in sequence; level 3 will be level 3. (as in, you can learn how to play level 3 in an optimum way, if you really want to ).