★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

FREE (no ads, no IAP) TIMEBALL: THE RED SQUARE STRIKES BACK

09-08-2014, 12:25 PM
FREE (no ads, no IAP) TIMEBALL: THE RED SQUARE STRIKES BACK

For iPhone and iPad:

09-09-2014, 05:14 AM
Thanks.
Tried it and did not get it at all!
Controlling the cubes seemed totally random- and hence no control.
09-09-2014, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookingPie View Post
Thanks.
Tried it and did not get it at all!
Controlling the cubes seemed totally random- and hence no control.
Thanks for trying it and thanks especially for the feedback, I really appreciate it!

Yes, the movement of the squares is random (well, they follow the green ball, but generally lag behind). I assume you did the tutorial but it failed to explain what's going on, sorry about that. The squares are autonomous, your only influence over them is to manipulate 'time'. The key bit I probably failed to explain in the tutorial is that the squares get 'angry' (bright red) when they hit the green ball and start pushing against it. When that happens, you can slow down time to allow them to go kind of 'Matrix-y' and move towards the ball while the ball is stationary. You can make them knock or push the ball into the red part of the wall to burn it. The challenge is to do so without burning up your squares -- key to getting a higher score.

I've managed to record a somewhat janky gameplay video this morning that will maybe help to demonstrate the game. Also managed to get a new high score in the process so hooray for me. :roll eyes:

http://youtu.be/bcVhjRozXkY

It's really just a simple little game that was meant as a non-ad-based attempt to market my for-pay game, TIMEBALL. I don't have a real way to thank you for your feedback, but if you'd like to check out TIMEBALL, here's a link to some promo codes. (I assume there will still be some by the time you see this -- if not, let me know).

http://tokn.co/cj2g4b5d

Thanks again.

Allan
Ottawa, Canada