★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

999: The Novel $4.99 > $0.99

09-09-2014, 10:16 AM
999: The Novel $4.99 > $0.99

Both versions are on sale.

09-09-2014, 11:23 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I still need to play through the DS version (which I've owned for a while now) but this may be an overall good substitute (or catalyst to get me to finally go back to playing some DS games).

-nightc1
This gamer runs on premium games.

09-09-2014, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightc1 View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I still need to play through the DS version (which I've owned for a while now) but this may be an overall good substitute (or catalyst to get me to finally go back to playing some DS games).
ds game is better.

Error 404. Signature can not be displayed.
09-09-2014, 12:31 PM
Yeah DS game better. But for those who don't have DS. Download it now !!!
09-09-2014, 01:01 PM
Is this a game? Or just a book? A gamebook?

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
09-09-2014, 01:14 PM
I've played and beaten the DS version years ago, but I'm still tempted to pick this up. It's 99 cents, and in HD.
09-09-2014, 01:23 PM
Noooooooo! I have been had!! Should not have bought during last month's fake discount...

At this price, definitely buy it. It's a great story and I fully enjoyed it
Crashed a couple of time but it autosaves anyway, no big deal

I would have liked to do the puzzles, but their removal does not detract from the game. You make some choices along the road anyway
09-09-2014, 01:49 PM
^So it does have choices that change the story for some replayability?

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
09-09-2014, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Is this a game? Or just a book? A gamebook?
From what I read it's basically a find your fate style book. So you make decisions and there are many endings but you don't solve the more adventure game style puzzles from the main game.

I figure for a buck it's a no brainer purchase. Hopefully this'll get me motivated to go back to DS gaming as I have a backlog there of some exceptional titles and plenty of games I have played that I'd like to play again.

-nightc1
This gamer runs on premium games.
09-09-2014, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
^So it does have choices that change the story for some replayability?
Hey EP (and anyone else) I'd love to answer any questions you have. I've played it a while back and I LOVE IT. Multiple story lines that you make choices within each that can affect the outcome however they all lead up to one main ending. Basically picking a different path in-game will pair you with different people. You have to see them all (and the points of views basically) to see the ending. Then you'll go OHHHHHHHHHHHH. It's actually quite a good story with fabulous art. Just make sure you have room on your device for it.

At $1 it's a steal. Don't feel bad if you paid more because it's so good. It's probably one of the best "novels" you'll find on the iOS and there's still a fair bit of interaction. Picking people where to go actually makes you pause. I even wrote down possible paths based on numbers I picked... for a novel!!

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar

Last edited by L.Lawliet; 09-09-2014 at 04:47 PM.