★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Crunch Time! is a fresh and innovative card game with a touch of humour, based on videogame development, in which you'll have to manage your own company, and complete the best and biggest projects before your opponent.

English & Spanish languages available.
09-10-2014, 08:54 AM

This looks interesting actually!
09-10-2014, 09:23 AM
This looks interesting, I'm going to have todo some research and see what we have here.
09-16-2014, 12:36 AM
Game Impressions

Snagged it, and while very light and random, it's decent fun.

While a bit more complicated, it in many ways is a modern remake of Mille Bornes.

Play consists of trying to complete your project before your opponent finishes their different project. Each game the projects are randomly chosen and are comprised of a random number of tasks that must be completed, in any order, by your 5 departments (design, programming, art, sound, and testing). So a sample project could look like this:

-Harmonious-
Design: 2
Programming: 4
Art: 3
Sound: 1
Testing: 2

So to complete this your team needs to complete 2 design, 4 programming, 3 art, etc. tasks before your opponent does the same with their random project.

You each have a hand of 5 cards and most of these tasks are completed by playing an appropriate staff member for the task at hand by waiting the indicated on the staff member's card, 2-4 turns.

To liven things up, in the meantime, you and your opponent will be throwing down obstacles to interfere with each other's projects by nefarious means such as poaching a key staff member from right underneath your opponent's nose or disabling their network for a few turns to put all of your opponent's progress on hold. There are also handy cards that can reduce requirements of a project or let you instantly complete a task.

As far as I can tell it is just solo vs. the AI, and there is no way to save mid-game.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
10-02-2014, 10:03 AM
I bought this on sale and I think it's worth it. Fun little game.
10-02-2014, 02:34 PM
Shame it's iPad only

Really wanted to check this out. This looks very similar to a game I was planning on making sometime.