★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The Phantom Rift: a dark, ethereal world filled with mystery and powerful magic. You don't know how or why you are there, only that you must find a way back to the True World at any and all costs...

Phantom Rift is an adventure/RPG with a unique battle system (inspired by Mega Man Battle Network), hundreds of spells to collect and use, endless equipment combinations to customize your wizard with, and much more. Explore a vast over world, interact with ethereal wisps, take on side quests, journey through dungeons, collect loot, and take part in skill based, strategic battles!

Innovative battle system, mixing elements from card battlers, real time action/RPGs, and turn based RPGs (inspired by Mega Man Battle Network)
Dark, ethereal atmosphere
Over 300 spells to collect
Thousands of pieces of equipment to find, each with unique stats, abilities, and appearance
Customize the way your wizard plays and looks
Speak with NPCs to learn more about the lore, embark on side quests, and explore the vast world of the Phantom Rift
Tons of dungeons to conquer, each with unique enemies and powerful bosses
Unique, seamless PvP multiplayer integration
Cloud saving
iOS7 controller support
09-10-2014, 06:28 AM
I usually try to avoid generalizations, in particular when it comes to the combination of gaming and emotion , but I must admit that to this day I have not played a single Foursaken title I did not enjoy. Kind of convenient, to just gently caress that buy button without a thought to reading any impressions.

Vocalist of Earthbridge and Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona

09-10-2014, 07:11 AM
Can I play it offline? (on my iPod Touch)
09-10-2014, 07:21 AM
Originally Posted by Karl Schmidt View Post
Can I play it offline? (on my iPod Touch)

It's not a gameloft game after all...
09-10-2014, 07:25 AM
Will it be released on Android today too (or tomorrow at least) ?

09-10-2014, 08:02 AM
For those interested: Like most of Foursaken Media's games Phantom Rift runs and looks great on the iPod Touch 4, but since the homebutton on mine broke and I keep accidentally activating my on-screen gesture to replace it while playing the game, I don't feel like recording any gameplay of that version.
I'd much rather record a gameplay video on my Shield Tablet, but have no idea how exactly releases on Android work (can things get released at a set time in each time zone or do they release everywhere at once?), so I may or may not be able to do that today...
09-10-2014, 08:03 AM
So I am the only one that has gotten to play this so far *blushes* so if there's anything you would like to know about the game you can either head over to the upcoming section becuase I have written some of the things you might want to know. If not then ask me and I'll tell you what I am allowed to tell you.

If we could harvest human stupidity to run our electricity, and our cars, the world would see a new era of clean, renewable energy. That's an amazing resource we're wasting.
09-10-2014, 08:20 AM
Game Impressions

09-10-2014, 08:45 AM

Wayne's World, Wayne's World! Party Time! Excellent!

I hope it's as good as it looks!

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 09-10-2014 at 08:51 AM.
09-10-2014, 08:50 AM
Sanuku's gameplay video makes it look even nicer. It's fabulous how Foursaken Media games manage to get so exciting at each time.