★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: SUPREME CLASSIC STYLED RPG!
We assure that you would feel all about the ACTION RPG via the CHROISEN2!

** FREE for Limited Time!! ** Get it while it's hot!!
The CHROISEN Series are No.1 Single Mobile RPG Series in Korea since 2009

== WHY DO MANY RPG MANIA LOVE CHROISEN SERIES ==

1. ADVANCED RETRO RPG!
: Great scale with Class change and Awakening, Strengthen, Enchanting and Fusion, Network Dungeon, Dungeon Load, with Tex System, Prefix, Title, P2P Market, Rebirth Mode, Village, etc.

2. MULTIPLE CLASSES FOR UNLIMITED ACTION!
: Bring up your unique chracter from 28 classes(Slasher, Templar, Fighter, Magician, Warrior, Berserker, Chrasher, Silver Knight, Shadow Knight, Soul Slayer, Rogue, Grappler, Shooter, Wizard, Summoner, Heretic, Assassin, Undertaker, Overlord, Hell Bringer, etc.)

3. 12 UNIQUE WEAPONS TYPE & COLLECT 1200EA WEAPONS!
: Collect and master your weapons from 1200ea(Great Sword, Dual Ax, Blunt, One hand Sword, Spear, Blade, Dual Short Sword, Gauntlet, Knuckle, Staff, Wand, Scythe). And each weapon has 5 level(Normal, Magic, Rare, Unique, Legend)

4. NETWORK DUNGEON & COLLECT TEXES
: Collect TEXES from the other challenger according to 16 network dungeons ranking.

5. P2P MARKET FOR DEAL
: Make the legendary equipment, and deal with other player in the P2P market

6. ENDLESS JOURNEY
: Cleared the whole story? Get ready to start a new adventure in the rebirth mode and the extreme mode(250Lv.) with new item!

== Control Game Speed ==

You can control Game Speed on followed path;
In Game > Menu > System > Settings > Game Speed

== SUPPORT ==

Having any problems? Any suggestions? we would love to hear from you!
Support: help@kingkonggames.co.kr
Homepage: http://kingkonggames.co.kr
09-10-2014, 04:28 PM
Oh my gosh I've been waiting for a new KRPG for a long time! I'm getting this one and it BETTER be good

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar

09-10-2014, 04:28 PM
Really glad to see a KRPG pop-up; hopefully these people keep at it.

Already live in United States (probably worldwide).

I assume this is a sequel to Chronicles of Chroiser (by same developer as Wild Frontier), in which case good pedigree - http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=87314

Last edited by undeadcow; 09-10-2014 at 04:30 PM.
09-10-2014, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
Really glad to see a KRPG pop-up; hopefully these people keep at it.

Already live in United States (probably worldwide).

I assume this is a sequel to Chronicles of Chroiser (by same developer as Wild Frontier), in which case good pedigree - http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=87314
No, first one was by the same people who published Wild Frontier.

Bring us the translated sequel or bust!

But this does look cool.

Coordinator @ Fat Thunder
Fatthunder.com
facebook.com/fatthunder
twitter.com/fat_thunder
09-10-2014, 04:39 PM
Wild Frontier is one of the best (which should've got a sequel). Are you saying they changed devs? Will buy this in a bit but I'm worried it might be an online game of some sort... making me pause for a bit. Lots of the text have to do with online modes. But I love how there's so many classes.

Sorry, I won't pay for a game that requires me to be online unless it's some kind of multiplayer only game.

It does say they've made KRGs a lot in the description so I'm not too worried about the quality.

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion

Last edited by L.Lawliet; 09-10-2014 at 04:43 PM.
09-10-2014, 04:50 PM
If you played the korean version of this you'll see it's kinda blurry and the controls are kinda bad. And yes wild frontier 2 never got translated. And this doesn't seem like a legit app. Feels like a random see just took the game a nd translate on there own

im a rpg loving kind of guy
09-10-2014, 04:53 PM
Ah sorry guys, I'd not heard of the original. Should have done more research, poop.
09-10-2014, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambo12 View Post
If you played the korean version of this you'll see it's kinda blurry and the controls are kinda bad. And yes wild frontier 2 never got translated. And this doesn't seem like a legit app. Feels like a random see just took the game a nd translate on there own
Well I suppose one of us will have to buy it eventually. It'll be terrible if this game is blurry. It looks good in the screenshots but they are shrunken.

09-10-2014, 05:25 PM
Downloaded - initially it seemed to connect to a server but since that I've been able to play and even start the app without online connection so seemingly once initial log in can be offline even to start.

There is a horrible seeming mandatory personal information collection agreement and a terms of services. There is IAP just not yet in place from Apple so unsure.

Controls are feel like a port from older cellphone... fixed directional pad makes movement feel a bit rigid (since world is curved and more dimensional than controls), but otherwise character speed is fast and seems kinetic (maybe even too fast of movement).

Menu and text reads fine/clear and screen is 5G widescreen full but the graphics are not retina. Given the semi-pixelated images to begin with I don't find any sort of gamebreaking blurriness but your taste may vary.

Story seems typical campy KRPG (I skimmed but something about hunting down Satan). I don't see any really obvious engrish but did rush dialogue. Annoying elevator style music. There are four character classes - slasher, templar, magician, fighter (and within that class there appear to be mini-class specializations).

Talking to NPCs brings up a menu where you can at a minimum inquire about quests or exit, which is a little awkward because many NPCs do not have quests so requires an extra tap/lag with interactions. Characters with quests have an icon over there head so it's possible to ignore everyone else.

First Impression: It won't convince anyone to love the KRPG genre, but no immediate regrets. Slightly clunky controls.

Last edited by undeadcow; 09-10-2014 at 05:40 PM.
09-10-2014, 05:36 PM
Also worth noting that you are probably going to want to turn the game speed down otherwise the game runs very fast at default speed, at least on my device.