★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Aevana: Unstoppable (by Bandai Namco Games America)

09-11-2014, 10:14 PM
Aevana: Unstoppable (by Bandai Namco Games America)

Quote:
NZ Soft Launch info:

The Game is soft launching in New Zealand. Size of the app is 759 MB.

Price in NZ is Free.

Requirements:

Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Quote:
Not even death can stop her… Aevana: Unstoppable. Battle through a post-apocalyptic realm of technology and magic! Help Aevana take down the Warlords and save the world!

FEATURES:
Fluid Combat - Seamlessly transition between combos for the ultimate in flexible combat
Amazing Graphics and Environments - Lush Jungles, Mountain Passes, Desert Caves, Magical Forests, and Abandoned Cities
Challenging Enemies - Bandits, Gunners, Drones, Mechs, Mages, and Beasts
Forge Equipment and Upgrades - 72 Weapons and 18 Armor Sets, imbued with magical effects
Wield Powerful Magic - Weaken your enemies and summon powerful creatures

PLEASE NOTE: This game does not support iPhone 4.
iPhone Screenshots:

Last edited by PeteOzzy; 09-11-2014 at 10:51 PM.
09-11-2014, 11:10 PM
This is quite interesting so far, mostly reminiscent of endless runners in the vein of Ronin; side-scrolling obstacle avoidance with enemies to take out that require different approaches depending on their type. It's a level-based campaign though, which is nice and there are loads of side-quests to accomplish along with time-limited quests.

There's an energy bar that I know many people will loathe though as has become the norm, you'll go a while in the early days without hitting the limit. There are also timers for the upgrades for equipment that can be skipped with dual currencies, the usual really.

It's very pretty though, which is probably why my iPad 2 is juddering occasionally during gameplay. I definitely recommend a soft reset before you start playing regardless of device as the frame skipping was killing me regularly. I need to play a lot more to give decent impressions but it's as polished as you would expect from Bandai Namco Bandai (whatever it is these days) but it's worth a download if you have the space for the meaty filesize.

09-12-2014, 05:07 AM
Game Impressions

09-12-2014, 06:44 AM
Seeing a softlaunch these days with zero to low posts (=new) i don't even open the thread, don't wanna get hungry but not able to eat, but in the main title it's missing. So i clicked on it to see "oh, another softy". Swiping back to the main page i accidently tapped the link and landed in my (swiss) app store. It's available here...

Yeah, Ronin came to my mind, too. Despite all the ugly set-ups this game has, the little but so important delay of swiping makes it unplayable for me. Deleted.

Last edited by Qwertz555; 09-12-2014 at 06:54 AM.
09-12-2014, 02:29 PM
The Gameplay:

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014, Rush Rally 2

09-13-2014, 10:11 AM
This looks pretty, but there is a delay between the swiping / tapping and the reaction of the character, that makes it significantly cumbersome.
Make it fluid, more responsive, remove the timer and premium price it (3-5$$) and you would have at least one buyer (me)
09-13-2014, 03:25 PM
Available in Denmark too.
09-15-2014, 06:13 AM
09-15-2014, 07:59 AM
Man. That's a big file size for a runner! I'm gonna have to delete some stuff!
09-15-2014, 06:16 PM
Seriously, energy?