★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Let it Rainbow is a fast paced, minimal indie runner developed by Lost Level & Ilustre Games that will test your reflexes and your sanity. And now Let it Rainbow has ONLINE MULTIPLAYER via Game Center. Play against your enemies in Belgium, in Japan and even in Brazil. Yeah, worldwide online multiplayer is how you show people you mean business.

"This game has made my underworld much more colorful." (Hades)

"This game makes me feel pretty bad about myself. That's great!" (Vlad the Impaler)

"My heart says 4 stars. My anger says 1. I'll give it 5, then." (William Wallace)

Let it Rainbow has 7 different levels that will do everything to crush your heart and keep you entertained while doing it.

The rules are pretty simple:

1. Tap the sides of the screen to take the circle to the correct lane.
2. Avoid the obstacles.
3. There's no rule 3.

ilustrebob's comments:
I've just released my first iOS game along with my dev partner. I'd love to have some feedback

09-13-2014, 06:51 PM
Downloading, will leave feedback in morning 😀

09-14-2014, 08:47 AM
Are the quotes on start up from people like Ernest Hemingway and Marie Curie genuine?

Gameplay itself is simple and fun, you control a dot and the aim is to match it up to correct colour strip by tapping left to move left or right to left to move left. You've got to be on the correct path before the dot fills up with white, there are obstacles in your way and the game gets faster. This worked well for the most part but sometime felt jittery. The flash inbetween levels put me off as I thought I'd died, took so e getting used to. Over all though it's enjoyable and I'd love to see universal support in future to make playing on ipad a better experience.

Oh and you might want to check your social media text, in particular the twitter. I went to share my result but the tweet was 16 characters too big.
09-14-2014, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpuff View Post
Are the quotes on start up from people like Ernest Hemingway and Marie Curie genuine?

Gameplay itself is simple and fun, you control a dot and the aim is to match it up to correct colour strip by tapping left to move left or right to left to move left. You've got to be on the correct path before the dot fills up with white, there are obstacles in your way and the game gets faster. This worked well for the most part but sometime felt jittery. The flash inbetween levels put me off as I thought I'd died, took so e getting used to. Over all though it's enjoyable and I'd love to see universal support in future to make playing on ipad a better experience.

Oh and you might want to check your social media text, in particular the twitter. I went to share my result but the tweet was 16 characters too big.
Thanks a lot for your feedback! It was spot on!

No, the quotes are jokes

Yes, it takes tome times to get used to the flash in-between levels. I've been thinking about creating some sort of auditive cue before the flashes...

We are definitely going universal, but before that we are aiming at releasing an Android version pretty soon.

I'd love to know how far did you go. I mean, which level did you reach?
09-14-2014, 06:30 PM
Cloudpuff - did you really think hades and Vlad had played let it rainbow on their idevice?

Anyway - lack of Universal support makes this nearly unplayable for me on an iPad. It's a quick reaction twitch gamehere you tap on the left to move left and right to move right. The letter boxed borders don't accept tap input, and you inevitably tap the edge which almost always ends your run.

Last edited by Lazer Kat; 09-14-2014 at 07:39 PM.
09-15-2014, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer Kat View Post
Cloudpuff - did you really think hades and Vlad had played let it rainbow on their idevice?

Anyway - lack of Universal support makes this nearly unplayable for me on an iPad. It's a quick reaction twitch gamehere you tap on the left to move left and right to move right. The letter boxed borders don't accept tap input, and you inevitably tap the edge which almost always ends your run.
We're working on making it Universal.
10-21-2014, 12:37 PM
Just to let you know, version 1.1.1 is now at the App Store and not only is Universal, but it also has a new feature called Daily Shield
10-29-2014, 12:15 PM
I had fun playing your game. It's a definite keeper on my iPhone. I absolutely love the hilarious quotes. I like the fact that you give out daily shields too, good concept. Cute that they are varying brackets.

A couple of things to note/suggestions:
- the flash in between levels is very confusing. The first few times I honestly didn't know what was going on. I would suggest this: have the circle become translucent and float up into the air, off the line grid, then swap and change colours actively (have current coloured lines swap places, have new lines drop in from the top) and then plop the circle back down and the player continues!
- watch for spelling mistakes in your game centre achievements. I saw the word "suing" instead of "using"
- maybe give players a chance to see all kinds of levels randomly instead of just color-shifting to sunset? Some people have trouble with differentiating between certain shades and giving them a randomize option opens up the game for more playability.

Just thoughts! Love your game, will keep playing it!!