★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Joinz is a clever block sliding puzzle game that is easy to play, nice to look at but tricky to master. You will be coming back again and again to try and beat your high score or top your friends on the leaderboard. Contains no in app purchases or ads!

Joinz is an endless puzzle game where you must slide like colored blocks together to create the requested "tetris-like" shapes. The more shapes you create, the more points you get. Only like colors can be joined together and each time you do not join blocks, a new one enters the playing board. Earn unique power ups to help clear the board and use combos to help boost your high score.

- Addictive endless puzzle game
- clean minimalist graphics with a soothing soundtrack
- No IAP or Ads
- Uses Game Center and Facebook leaderboards
- Fun for all ages!
09-16-2014, 02:12 PM
Well... Shouldn't appinfo be working?

Last edited by Pipipitchu; 09-16-2014 at 02:15 PM.

09-16-2014, 04:17 PM
It should be out at midnight tonight I think, either that of Appshopper's being its usual incredibly slow self lol. Nice find!
09-16-2014, 04:48 PM
It is out right now actually. We launched a little earlier than usual this week. But if it is coming from Appshopper they could be behind a bit
09-16-2014, 04:49 PM
It's out already! https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id909350351?mt=8

That's why I don't understand why appinfo doesn't work...
09-16-2014, 05:18 PM
Sorry been under a rock, how's the game?
09-16-2014, 05:33 PM
Yeah, it's just the Appshopper servers then, they're the bane of my existence lol. I absolutely love the look of this and it's Noodlecake so there's no gamble with picking this up. Will definitely be grabbing this!
09-16-2014, 05:42 PM

Just in case AppShopper doesnt end up working, here are some details for anyone looking!

In Joinz you must shift and merge like coloured blocks on the playing field. To score points you are given an order of 3 tetronmino style shapes that you must shift your blocks into to match. However every time you shift blocks without them joining together, a new one enters the board.

As you advance, more colors are added to the playing field to make things more difficult. However there are power ups to help you get that high score you battling for. Successful moves will fill up a bar at the bottom of the screen and each time it reaches a gift, you are given your choice of available power ups to strategize your next move. As you gain more points, you will also level up, which in turn opens up more power ups to choose from.

The longer you play, the harder the game gets with more colors and harder shapes, but it is nicely balanced with all the available and unique power ups. These range from bombs that blow up any shape, splitters that unjoin all the blocks on the board and free moves that do not bring in new blocks.

You can also boost your score with combos if you set up your moves correctly. Each time you complete an order, your multiplier increases by one and will stay increased as long as your next move is joining two blocks of like colors. Any moves that do not join will reset the multiplier but if you can keep completing orders, you can keep increasing your multiplier.

Joinz is launching as a $1.99 premium title and contains no in app purchases or ads.

Store Link - https://itunes.apple.com/app/joinz/id909350351?ls=1&mt=8
09-16-2014, 06:09 PM
This game is out already and AMAZING! No clue why Appinfo is being a turkey with it.

Such a seemingly simple concept, "slide like colored blocks together so they lock into 1 of the 3 shapes shown up top" but it gets so crazy once you're shifting whole segments around or when suddenly a piece of another color spawns right in your way to completing a complex shape.

The power-up system in the game is AMAZING as well. You'll earn a power-up at set intervals as you complete levels but they show up as undeclared gift boxes. Simply click on the box to tell it which power-up you'd like it to be. This, however, is where things get delightfully tricky. The different power-ups you have to choose from are dependent on your current score so, if you'd rather have something more useful than a bomb, right off the bat, you'd best just leave the gift out there unclaimed until you have access to one of the cooler power-ups later on. As if all it is at first is the placeholder of where the cool power-up will spawn a few levels later. At the same time, if you leave all of these gifts hanging about unclaimed they'll start clogging up the board while you'll need all the space you can get to form some of the more complex pieces a few levels in.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
09-16-2014, 06:24 PM
Glad you dig it! Yea you hit the nail on the head with the strategy behind the Gift Boxes. I usually horde them as much as I can and use them as blockers to shift blocks so they dont join. Went on a killer run and my current high score is 2423. Love to see what everyone else is getting.