★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Vexing Media
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 438.7 MB
  • Version: 1.2.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Slice your enemies! Slide through Space! Save your skin! She's no ordinary robot!
You are SOL-BOT, an under appreciated medical droid for the Star Ship Transolar. After a freak accident leaves your vessel in shambles, you are ordered to be disassembled -- but that's not an option. Armed with nothing but deadly laser saws, a solar shield, and your snarky wit, you must escape the clutches of the evil UGCA and find a new vessel to call home! You better start running!
Mow down countless enemies, journey to the far reaches of space, and interact with unique and interesting characters as you run from the law and leave a path of destruction in your robot wake. It's going to get messy!

PeteOzzy's comments:

09-17-2014, 05:28 AM
This game is awesome. Please buy it and go visit the website to see a webserie about it !!

09-17-2014, 05:32 AM
Is this a comedy series? Also is there any voice acting in the game?
09-17-2014, 06:29 AM
It looks pretty good.
09-17-2014, 08:49 AM
Game Impressions

09-17-2014, 09:15 AM
[NZ] Robot Rundown (by Vexing Media)

Thanks Sanuku for the video. But don't forget to use your Shield

Last edited by GreedPhantom; 09-17-2014 at 12:05 PM.
09-17-2014, 11:30 AM
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
Is this a comedy series? Also is there any voice acting in the game?
This is a tie-in to the web series Transolar Galactica, http://transolargalactica.com
No voice acting, but plenty of live action video
09-17-2014, 05:25 PM
sorry, but JFC enough with the fugly pixels in gaming. it stopped being cool decades ago.
09-17-2014, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by GreedPhantom View Post
Thanks Sanuku for the video. But don't forget to use your Shield
Yeah I know I. I was just trying to see if I could get through the Level without using the Shield. I guess later on it`s an MUST to use it
09-17-2014, 09:23 PM
Ok quick impression :

Gameplay : it's not a runner. It's a sidescrolling shoot them up. So its surprised me (in a good way) move up down/shoot and protect your robot with a shield. Along the way you'll encounter some bonuses to help you.
Every levels have a unique approach to take down enemies (or beer )

Story : just awesome. Characters are all funny, and Sol Bot (the hero...in a way) is so badass. It's like R2-D2 crossed with Rambo. It's already one of my favorite character of all time. The game have true acting cut scene. That's awesome too (seriously this game is awesome in every way though)

Contents : don't know yet, i'll edit later but well, for 0,99$, it do the job.

Music : chiptune Music, so freaking good. Kudos to the composer

Interest : so far, i recomend this to : Space opera lovers (specially Star Wars and Star Trek fans) shoot them up lovers, retro lovers.

Pros : the universe is so deep and rich. So many references to some known movies. It's like Retro City Rampage but for Space lovers. (they got me with the Cantina-like called Greedos )

Cons : no iPad version yet/no Game Center.

Besides that, yeah...buy it !

PS : there is a Space bike !!!