Toucharcade App broken by iOS 8

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by dancj, Sep 17, 2014.

1. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Hi

I've just updated to iOS 8 and I've found that I am now unable to post against a any of the articles on the site through the Toucharcade App.

If I try I get a long wait followed by:

"Error
    There was an error posting your comment.

Error code: 18
    Invalid argument. 'remote_auth': Invalid message sent. please see http://disqus.com/Apo/so/ for more information."

If I go to the settings and log out and then log in again I get a log wait followed by:
    "Login Error
    TouchArcade was unable to log you into Disqus. You can still use your Wish List and post on the forums."

2. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Have you checked that posting on forums part still works? Fingers crossed it's not totally broke.

3. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Another valid reason not to update and lose my jailbreak.

4. joek

joek New Member

Dec 15, 2008
  5. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    is the app is going to get update (finally because it needs some changes) update the icon and the keyboard at least looks completely out of place in ios 7-8

6. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I will not update if it breaks the TA app. :(

7. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Its working for me fine. Posting from it now. And bonus - the keyboard is updated as well!

8. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    It seems to be okay in the forum. It's just posting against the news articles and reviews that gets the error.

As other people don't seem to have any problems I'll try setting up a brand new account to see if that works. If you see a dancj posting here then that'll be why.

9. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    same here, i'm logged in as vicsark in the forums, but am unable to post a comment in the news through TA app (ios 8, same error codes)
    Maybe it's a problem on Disqus side?

10. dancjones

dancjones New Member

Sep 18, 2014
    I've just tried setting up a new account and it's made no difference.

It looks like I'll have to wait and see if the app gets updated to fix it.

11. jesse_dylan

jesse_dylan Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2014
    Yeah, for me it just says it can't log me into disqus. I'm not getting notifications anymore, either (iOS 8).

12. jesse_dylan

Jun 4, 2014
    For some reason I am indeed getting notifications now, and after merging my accounts on Disqus I am not getting the can't log into Disqus error. However, I am getting the Error 18 now which is mentioned above. Drat.

13. KusanagiShiro

KusanagiShiro Active Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Student
    San Rafael, CA, USA
  14. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    the posting in news seems to be working normally again.
    Cool :)

15. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I'm not on iOS 8, and I have started to get notifications on News & Reviews. I'm on iOS 7 still, so I don't know why it's started doing it for me. Anyway, I do have Wish List and PM notifications on and those seem to be working correctly.

On another note, why don't we use DISQUS in the app? When I post a comment on an article on my iPhone it is through my TA account, but when I post on my computer I have to use DISQUS. Makes no sense. I'd rather just use one account for both places, but it seems that each forces us to use a different account.

16. jesse_dylan

Jun 4, 2014
    Yeah, that is a little confusing.

It might be something I have wrong in settings, but when I subscribe to a forum board in the app, I don't get e-mail notification of replies. But this particular thread, I must have subscribed to on my computer, because I do get replies.

Meanwhile, on the articles on the app, I get notification via Disqus.

I'm okay with using two accounts really, but I definitely like to get notified of replies. Otherwise I dno if someone is talkin to me!

17. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Disqus is slow and flakey and a general pain in the arse.

18. jesse_dylan

Jun 4, 2014
    I'm getting that error 18 thing again now if I try to post into the article comments from the app.

Also, if I subscribe to forum threads, like this one, from within the app, I'm not notified of replies. If I subscribe outside the app, I am emailed replies.

19. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Yeah - it's broken for me too