★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: IMP: Surf the Music

** SPECIAL 50% OFF SALE FOR A LIMITED **
** TIME TO CELEBRATE OUR NEW UPDATE! **

==== What players are saying about iMP: ====

"In a game built around music, it had better be good, and this is good. It's got an old-school funk feel, done very well." - TouchArcade forum

"What a fun game. You can't put it down until you have seen all the levels. Great fun for anytime you have to kill five minutes." - maelstrom.t

"Excellent! ***** You really have to try this." - 0DRK0

"A piece of work all others will make a spin-off from! DEV-YOU'RE A GENIOUS!" - Ciarab1969

"This game is a lot of fun!" - appPodCast

"Awesome Music Game ***** very addictive!" - MattusHattus

=======================================================

Hooked on music games but tired of the same old tap-tap dance-dance? Check out IMP: Surf the Music, a unique FUNKTASTIC MUSICAL ADVENTURE optimized specifically for the iPhone and iPod Touch.

IMP: Surf the Music is a 3D funk music experience that lets YOU control the soundtrack. In the tradition of snowboard Kids and Electroplankton, IMP: Surf the Music generates music as the board-riding Imp picks up in-game bits of funk and avoids obstacles while carving up the wild 3D track. The Imp collects audio loops throughout the song, creating a unique and addictive funky soundtrack. The twisting, turning and splitting track ensures a new soundtrack experience is created each play.

Download now and start laying down some serious music tracks!

HOW TO PLAY:

Tilt your iPhone to steer the Imp left and right down the track. Complete funk loop sequences to activate new instruments and earn more points. Avoid the music-killing obstacles that appear in the Imps path. Review your results to see if you kept the beat!

FEATURES:

* original, high-quality music with guitar, bass, synth, and drums
* 10 levels of hyper-grooved out funky music fun
* Super funktacular dance moves
* intuitive tilting controls
* did we mention the catchy soundtrack?

THE IMP IS BLOGGING!

Join the cool cat himself on Twitter and Facebook as he blogs about whats going down in funkytown and investigates all that is cool in the universe. Read posts by the Imp, check out the latest game reviews, and post your comments and feedback about the game. Start the groovin and get your fingers movin!

Visit our website for more info plus REVIEWS, SCREENSHOTS, VIDEOS, CONTESTS and cool MERCHANDISE!

http://www.impmusicgame.com

THE STUD's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up
09-03-2009, 05:04 AM
Looks quite interesting. Anyone toftt??

09-03-2009, 05:25 AM
just got sandstorm, thats enough for one day
09-03-2009, 06:12 AM
Yeah, I spent nearly 20 bucks the past week lol

But anyway, this looks kind of like Snail Mail and it if its anything like it, then it should be good

Edit: Just saw the video. And wow... Snail Mail was hard enough. This gameplay video looks really hard lol

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG

Last edited by Prab; 09-03-2009 at 06:23 AM.
09-03-2009, 10:06 AM
Audiosurf.
09-03-2009, 10:26 AM
Looks Way cool!
Instant purchase +1.

Won't be around to give impressions 'til later. I'm sure someone will beat me to it anyway.
09-03-2009, 10:26 AM
rofl, imps' mom?
09-03-2009, 10:34 AM
Bought it, but haven't had a chance to play it yet.

I saw the video and figured for a buck, what the hell. I always like these types of games.

BTW, no offense to the dev, but the icon is AWFUL.

Two guys walked into a bar. You think they would've seen it or something.
09-03-2009, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirt Reynolds View Post
Bought it, but haven't had a chance to play it yet.

I saw the video and figured for a buck, what the hell. I always like these types of games.

BTW, no offense to the dev, but the icon is AWFUL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrWalrus View Post
Looks Way cool!
Instant purchase +1.

Won't be around to give impressions 'til later. I'm sure someone will beat me to it anyway.
anyone have impressions, would love to hear it. I don't wanna go get another card

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
09-03-2009, 05:29 PM
I just got this, and it's pretty cool. It's a very polished game for $.99, the best I can do to describe it is a cross between an easier version of Snail Mail and Mevo. Here are some brief impressions...
The good: First of all the music. In a game built around music, it had better be good, and this is good. It's got an old-school funk feel, done very well. Next, the visuals are nice, run like a dream on my 3GS, but I can't assume that this is the case with all models. I like the idea that you have branches on the track you can choose with different instrument icons that affect the song. For example, when you fly over a guitar icon, a nice guitar lick kicks in on the song. So if you fly to a fork in the track, you may see a guitar icon on the left, and a horn icon on the right...in this sense, you are affecting the version of the song you are playing, and can get a different experience with the same song depending on what path you choose.
The not as good: With 8 tracks (songs), the length of the game is suspect. The songs seem relatively long (approx 5 minutes), but it's still not a huge amount of content. The dev promises more songs in an update, so that may be lessened. You also have to consider that the launch price is a buck, so the length isn't as much of an issue. All in all, a nice game, but I can't say yet how much playing time I'll give it. I'd be interested in other people's impressions as well.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!