★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

OFFICIAL Games broken by ios 8 Thread

09-18-2014, 01:39 AM
#1
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: On the toilet
Posts: 4,289
OFFICIAL Games broken by ios 8 Thread

Post any games that are now not working because of ios 8. Also post your ios device and generation.

Last edited by coolpepper43; 09-18-2014 at 01:44 AM.
09-18-2014, 05:34 AM
#2
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 127
Send a message via Skype™ to epik5
Ipod touch 5G, bit trip beat original one

09-18-2014, 08:00 AM
#3
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 1,661
The Atari classics app and I had an old Q*Bert app that no longer works on iOS 8.
09-18-2014, 08:22 AM
#4
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 947
Sky gambler air supremacy
09-18-2014, 09:40 AM
#5
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 742
Can anyone who owns the following check to see if they appear to run properly?:

Warhammer Quest
Bastion
King Cashing 2
Helsing's Fire
Forget-Me-Not
Chopper 2

These are mostly games where developer upkeep has pretty much ended, it seems. Thanks in advance!
09-18-2014, 09:49 AM
#6
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Croatia
Posts: 933
Metal Slug 3 aspect ratio is all messed up again on iOS 8, almost similar to problem with iOS 7.


Answer to post ABOVE :

- King Cashing 2 working normal
-Warhammer Quest has some font issues ( font seems bigger and kinda distorted, not a big problem though ) , but apart from that works normal

Last edited by Aventador; 09-18-2014 at 09:53 AM.
09-18-2014, 10:18 AM
#7
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aventador View Post
Metal Slug 3 aspect ratio is all messed up again on iOS 8, almost similar to problem with iOS 7.


Answer to post ABOVE :

- King Cashing 2 working normal
-Warhammer Quest has some font issues ( font seems bigger and kinda distorted, not a big problem though ) , but apart from that works normal
Thanks for the info! That's funny about WHQ. The font was always too tiny as it was. Maybe ios 8 inadvertently improved it.
09-18-2014, 12:06 PM
#8
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevd View Post
Can anyone who owns the following check to see if they appear to run properly?:

Warhammer Quest
Bastion
King Cashing 2
Helsing's Fire
Forget-Me-Not
Chopper 2

These are mostly games where developer upkeep has pretty much ended, it seems. Thanks in advance!
Bastion works , I can proove it
09-18-2014, 12:48 PM
#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by madreviewer View Post
Bastion works , I can proove it

Helsing's fire ? Seriously ? Wow this game is a way older than everyone here on iOS xD I think Ratloop studio left ios plateform for console.
09-18-2014, 01:29 PM
#10
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreedPhantom View Post
Helsing's fire ? Seriously ? Wow this game is a way older than everyone here on iOS xD I think Ratloop studio left ios plateform for console.
It's a great game and one that my kids still play. Pretty sure they left too. Too bad.