Universal Imps In Tokyo - indie adventure/arcade game [Open Beta]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by we|are|vigilantes, Sep 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. we|are|vigilantes

we|are|vigilantes Active Member

#1 we|are|vigilantes, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
    Hello gamers!

We are a couple of guys and gals who spent their last year working on our very first game ever and we need your help :) The game is almost finished but we really want to polish it nicely and this is where you can play your very important part.

Please grab the trailer:

Whoaa this is actually pretty exciting as this is officially first public announcement of our "baby" :)

We'd be delighted if you'd be so awesome to do some beta testing with us! Should you be interested please drop us an email [email protected] or pm.

[EDIT]

Imps In Tokyo is an adventure/arcade game about youngsters dreamcatchers who try to save human dreams from Nixies (bad guys) led by Mr. Cornelious (ultra bad guy :) ). The gameplay is very diverse and story driven, we were focused on creating narrative experience full of emotions and humour. So that's a campaign (story mode). There're also Trials (challenge mode) which will be unlocked depending on your performance in story mode :cool: Challenges are short levels where you have to complete simple task however they also bring some new mechanics to the game so we try to keep it as far from boring as possible. We'll be updating this Trials adding new levels and content.

Of course, there're no in-app purchases whatsoever. We believe that this sort of bull**it is detrimental to gaming and just simply not fair! We like it old-school way hence our take on gameplay and story. We believe that mobile gamers deserve good and complete experiences and mobile is not any worse than others, there should be no real differentiation in terms of quality or design.

We started working on Imps back in 2013 but to be honest we had to trash some initial demos and we started to develop current concept in 2014. Our team is Mario, Basia and Tomek and we just ditched our daily jobs to make games. This is our very first development and it was certainly not an easy one. We just learn to make games, no previous experience, just pure passion for gaming! Shieeeeet I was a lawyer before :)

Anyways, here you have some screenshots, more info (but not much more ) can be found here
    wearevigilantes.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for all the support guys!!!
    ATB,
    [/EDIT]

2. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    PM sent looks like a fun ride

3. williamsyee

williamsyee Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    SQA
    Malaysia
    Just drop you an email. :)

4. we|are|vigilantes

Thanks bro! :)

Thanks, email sent :)

5. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    I want Imps in Osaka ^^ well done guys, I love the theme, it looks very interesting and fun, count on me for the beta test!

6. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    I sent a PM.
    Some of the imp names are fantastic and funny!

7. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    Could you tell us a bit more about this game? Let us know what's about, the gameplay, the story behind and how you guys are working on it.

8. we|are|vigilantes

#8 we|are|vigilantes, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
    Thanks for asking! I've just edited our first post so you can find more info there :)

Thank you! :)

Thank you! :) Surely we'll do other cities once Imps In Tokyo turns to be successful :)

9. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    Great, I like the idea and how you guys started the whole thing, I also quite my job (was making good money) to do what I love the most, making less but I am a 1000 times happier now, I wish you good luck, count on me if you need help. Oh and I love the panel of colours you guys are using.

10. we|are|vigilantes

Thanks for such a nice words and we totally agree, 10/10! Glad that you've changed your life, now we try to do the same. Keep rockin' :D

11. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Awesome game guys really funny too, glad I'm getting to try this

12. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    Sorry guys I was in Taiwan for a few days and had absolutely no time to try the game, finally tested it today and I must say this is a very very good game, very polished and I really like the concept, it's very original (never played anything like that before). I really love the art works and the gameplay is correct but it would ce event better if it was a bit quicker as right now, the gameplay feels a bit heavy. Well done guys, I already love it!

13. we|are|vigilantes

Thank you, we are really happy that you can help us! :D

Thank you for your comments and such a nice feedback, it really keeps us going :D

14. Puke Aces

Puke Aces Well-Known Member

I PM'd you, it seems like a really colorful game :D hopefully its a game i'll keep for a long time. hope to see this release

15. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    I am pretty sure you'll keep it for long, I will for sure as I love the art work, it's beautiful and original

16. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    Very nice update! The game is smoother and the level difficulty is a bit lower which helps a lot as before it was slightly too difficult, the main problem was the gameplay, I could easily finish level 3 and just started level 4, I love that level very much, it reminds me of Tanuki Forest, one of my favourite game on IOS, it's well designed but it really needs to be more responsive, it's still too heavy to control to my point of view, I struggle to finish it alive and couldn't get enough stars, I think that is the only problem in this game, it's still a bit slow, but everything else is pure joice! If you played endless runner recently, I guess you tried Alone, and I think the reason why it was such a big hit is that it is super responsive, the gameplay is really important, if you get it right, this game will get a good score on TA or Appspy which is always very good. Can't wait to next update!

17. we|are|vigilantes

@djstout Thank you for all your super kind words and super useful feedback! You're absolutely right about importance of responsiveness and controls' smoothness. This is currently the biggest challenge for us to make it nice and responsive but to keep the gameplay flow and not make it too simple (we want this game to be really challenging!). Hopefully with your help (and other testers) we'll find this sweet spot :) Thank you!

18. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    Yeah I get it, keeping the game challenging is very important that makes sense, I guess it's really hard to find the in between, challenging with an easy gameplay, I would love to hear what other testers feel like, would be interesting.

19. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    Any good news or update for us?

20. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    Just played the new beta and the game feels really good now! Beautiful work guys! Please keep us updated here once in a while, I am pretty sure there are a lot of people looking forward to this one!