Noir Run Challenge! [Free, 10$ Prize)

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by TapTapGo, Sep 19, 2014.

1. TapTapGo

TapTapGo Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2013
    #1 TapTapGo, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
    We're happy to announce a contest for Noir Run!

RULES:

1. Tweet or post to your Facebook wall about this competition. Add the hashtag #NoirRun in your message and a link to this thread.

2. Reply to this thread stating you've joined the challenge. You MUST include your GameCenter username or send it to me by PM before starting to play.

3. Download the game from the AppStore:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/noir-run/id870046930?l=es&ls=1&mt=8

4. Players who don't announce their participation in this thread will not be considered. Also players with +100K points already on the game won't be allowed to participate in this contest.

5. Play the game and get at least to level 5. Continue playing to ensure the highest score.

6.. Competition ends on Saturday 27th, 23:59 CET. We'll appreciate that you rate the game on the AppStore after playing it.

7. The results of the challenge and winner will be announced here on Sunday 28th.

8. 10$ will be awarded to the player with highest score participating in this challenge. You must have a PayPal account.

----------------------------
    LET'S THE CHALLENGE BEGIN NOW!
    GOOD LUCK!
    ----------------------------

[​IMG]

Hints & Tricks:

Follow this tips to improve your chances to finish a level:

- Monsters are randomly spawned. Sometimes there're situations in which it's almost impossible to overcome them, especially when they appear adjacent to each other. Thus try to not anticipate and wait for the very last second to jump over them.

- Use power-ups wisely. Power-ups appears at exact intervals so its better to not maintain them in the bay for too much time. Calculate the time between power-ups and use them 15-20 seconds before the next one appears. Each power-up last for 10 seconds.

- Whenever you are going to jump, make sure you give the Avatar some momentum (ei. start rolling before pressing the jump button). Sometimes you can move the Avatar horizontally when jumping vertically. Mastering the jump control is important in this game.

- You can jump even if you're falling. This is especially useful to avoid some hanging foes over pits. Just leave the Avatar fall into the pit and jump quickly from the air to the border of the ground.

- If you see a tentacle, slash it as many times as possible. For each cut, you will receive a letter.

- Each time you complete a word, the game speed will accelerate. The pill power-up is very useful to slow down the game in this cases. In addition to recover your moral, it will return the craziness to the normal speed.

- Make sure your fingers are well positioned onto the screen controls. Most of the time you will find out that the Avatar won't jump or move because you were pressing on the wrong zone.

- When confronting final bosses, your goal is to survive for 60 seconds exactly. Don't leave the controls until you see the congratulations screen.

- The game assumes that you'll die lot of times during a level. Don't abandon. Gather gift points and spend them in extra abilities which will help you complete the level. Beware that these abilities are lost when you pass the level or quit the game. They're intended solely to help you complete THAT level.

- Dodge and Teleport abilities add you a 20% chance of avoiding an instant death when colliding with a foe. Teleport will also affect when your Avatar falls into a hole.

- The most powerful skill is resistance, since it will reduce the amount of damage received by the Avatar.

- Fast React is useful since it will allow to maximise the effectiveness of a taken power-up. For instance, if you have the wings power-up in the bay and you fall into a hole, the Fast React ability will activate the wings and save your Avatar. The same goes for hitting any foe - if you have a shield or giant-growth power-up, Fast React will activate them instantly.

- The wings and giant-growth power-ups increment the speed of the game so they're great tools to earn quickly new letters and complete the quote faster.

2. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Count me in. I'm @RustySabre on Twitter.

3. person2403

person2403 New Member

Sep 21, 2014
    I'm in. How will you identify who the winner is?

4. TapTapGo

Nov 6, 2013
    GameCenter ladder. Tap on the highscores icon on main menu to see your current rank position.

5. RickyBamBam

RickyBamBam Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    Male
    Caregiver
    Chicago,IL
    Thanks again for the fast response! I'm going to be participating now! ^_^ Lookout for RickyBamBam :D

6. person2403

person2403 New Member

Sep 21, 2014
    How will you match the score to the user who commented though? For me at least, my usernames aren't the same.

7. TapTapGo

Nov 6, 2013
    #7 TapTapGo, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
    Hi Person2403,,
    You must include or send me by PM your GameCenter username when announcing your participation on this thread.
    I have edited the rules. Hope it's clearer now.
    Good luck!

8. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
  9. creeps

creeps Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2014
    I'll participate

10. TapTapGo

Nov 6, 2013
    Great! Good luck!

11. TapTapGo

Nov 6, 2013
    Almost there!

13 hours left!

We already have a favourite here! Let's see...

Results posted on Sunday around noon.

12. ZahirSher

ZahirSher Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2014
    Student
    Albania
  13. TapTapGo

Nov 6, 2013
    Contest closed!

We're in the process of validating the results and will announce the winner shortly.
    Thanks to all participants!

14. TapTapGo

Nov 6, 2013
    Winner announced

We're happy to announce that RickyBamBam has won the first Noir Run contest with 507,150 points.

Congratulations!!

Thank you to all participants. Good luck in future contests!

15. RickyBamBam

RickyBamBam Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    Male
    Caregiver
    Chicago,IL
    Thanks again, the game was fun, addicting and I couldn't get enough. There were times I could of sent my device through the sky, but I kept a smile on my face, cause someone has to reach the end of this game eventually right? :D

16. TapTapGo

Nov 6, 2013
    I see you have faced the despair and defeated it! :)

Stay tuned for new updates! One is already pending Apple approval and we're working on new tweaks, depth and contents.