★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Doppler - $0.99 for the weekend! Multi-touch twitch action for cheap!

09-19-2014, 03:26 PM
Doppler - $0.99 for the weekend! Multi-touch twitch action for cheap!

Hi Everyone!

We've halved the price of Doppler on the App Store for the weekend. Now only $0.99!

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/doppler/id905746994?mt=8

What's Doppler you ask?! let the press tell you:

“Doppler by My Go Studio is an infinite twitch reflex game that will keep you charged up. It is similar to other games like Pivvot, Duet Game, and Super Hexagon. If you’re a fan of this genre, then it should go without saying that Doppler is another one to add to your growing collection.”

— App Advice

“Doppler is a multi-touch twitch game for IOS, that stands out by delivering a unique mechanic that’s more than the usual dodge left, dodge right style of gameplay seen in the genre.”

— Indie Game Enthusiast

You might have seen Doppler on the forums here a couple of weeks back. People liked it but we thought we'd see if we could spread the word some more. Seeing as Humble have included us in their end of summer sale on Android. We thought we'd make it fair for the iOS people!

Have Fun!

My Go Studio

Last edited by hosepha; 09-19-2014 at 04:04 PM.
09-19-2014, 03:55 PM

Youtube link | Pop Up

09-19-2014, 04:06 PM
Thanks! This is exactly why I shouldn't be allowed to handle important things! I failed to post the link... I've added one in my post now too.
09-19-2014, 04:50 PM
Two finger twitchy highscore chasing insanity! Doppler is kinda like Pivvot crossed with dEXTRIS.
09-19-2014, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hosepha View Post
Thanks! This is exactly why I shouldn't be allowed to handle important things! I failed to post the link... I've added one in my post now too.
Thank you for the sale! For 99 cents I can't pass it up. Plus I've seen my Game Center friends posting in the thread and I feel left out

So, here goes. Look out Paul and cloudpuff! Oh, can't forget about Andy. Andy, you set the bar for my high scores. I VERY rarely surpass you, but man you keep me on my toes. See you all on the leaderboards!!!
09-19-2014, 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anotherkellydown View Post
Thank you for the sale! For 99 cents I can't pass it up. Plus I've seen my Game Center friends posting in the thread and I feel left out

So, here goes. Look out Paul and cloudpuff! Oh, can't forget about Andy. Andy, you set the bar for my high scores. I VERY rarely surpass you, but man you keep me on my toes. See you all on the leaderboards!!!
Woohoo! I need to get back to Doppler...still having too much fun with Goblin Sword, but I fear my time with GS is coming to a close. Andy and Cloudy crushed me out hardcore on the leaderboards (as usual). Kill it AKD!
09-20-2014, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulkane View Post
Woohoo! I need to get back to Doppler...still having too much fun with Goblin Sword, but I fear my time with GS is coming to a close. Andy and Cloudy crushed me out hardcore on the leaderboards (as usual). Kill it AKD!
Haha! Thanks man, I'll try
09-20-2014, 09:49 AM
Quote:

Yeah, competing on leaderboards is still a big draw for me. I know you've surged way ahead in Sky Force, I need to motivate myself to start playing that again. I think I set a pretty decent hardcore time in Doppler, let's see.
09-20-2014, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C83 View Post
Yeah, competing on leaderboards is still a big draw for me. I know you've surged way ahead in Sky Force, I need to motivate myself to start playing that again. I think I set a pretty decent hardcore time in Doppler, let's see.
I tried about 30 or so runs on Doppler last night without much success. Tried holding the iPad in different configurations, used both one and two hands, I just couldn't last very long. Certainly not as long as your 50-60 seconds. I'll have to check in on the Doppler thread for some strategies.

I figured you gave up on SF 2014 bc your score hasn't been going up. Hope you can get back into it, it's a serious GOTY candidate for me.
09-20-2014, 07:57 PM
Quote:
it's a serious GOTY candidate for me.
Wow! I looked at Sky Force and was like "meh"... I guess I better take a closer (and longer) look.

I've tried all kinds of finger combinations, playing upside down(that was terrible) and found my index fingers worked the best. I never thought of using a single hand. I'll have to try that.

Last edited by paulkane; 09-20-2014 at 08:02 PM.