★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Mighty Crown is on a world tour! Each spot they visit awaits obstacles between them and the concert stage. The sand dune in Jamaica, busy traffic of New York, and a flying dragon in Yokohama Reggae Festival! Use the claw crane to usher the crew of Mighty Crown and their equipments on to the stage. Go get em!

For more information on Yokohama Reggae Sai:
http://www.yokohamareggaesai.com/outline

For more information on Mighty Crown:
http://www.mightycrown.com
09-03-2009, 09:11 AM
I'm actually surprised anyone started a thread on this...as we can all see the game looks terrible, but I'm buying it as soon as I get to wifi because I'm a HUGE reggaehead. Not the "Oh, yeah, I love Bob Marley" type, but an actual, thousands of albums, visits Jamaica, into the culture type. Mighty Crown is a Japanese Soundsystem crew that has won multiple high profile clashes. So although the gameplay will likely be lame, I'm interested in how they incorporate the music and culture into it.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!

09-03-2009, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I'm actually surprised anyone started a thread on this...as we can all see the game looks terrible, but I'm buying it as soon as I get to wifi because I'm a HUGE reggaehead. Not the "Oh, yeah, I love Bob Marley" type, but an actual, thousands of albums, visits Jamaica, into the culture type. Mighty Crown is a Japanese Soundsystem crew that has won multiple high profile clashes. So although the gameplay will likely be lame, I'm interested in how they incorporate the music and culture into it.
I figured you had to be, unless your username was just a HUGE coincidence.

I'm sure most TA members have no idea what your name means (or even how to pronounce it), but me being a casual (but still pretty serious) fan of Reggae and all...

Two guys walked into a bar. You think they would've seen it or something.
09-03-2009, 09:28 AM
i dont like this kind of music + it looks bad. i mean really bad
09-03-2009, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirt Reynolds View Post
I figured you had to be, unless your username was just a HUGE coincidence.

I'm sure most TA members have no idea what your name means (or even how to pronounce it), but me being a casual (but still pretty serious) fan of Reggae and all...
Ha...you're right. I didn't think anyone would know what my name meant...if I knew that I was going to become such an active member here, I probably would have chosen a different screen name that isn't so obscure, but be that as it may, it looks like it's here to stay now.

Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
09-03-2009, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Ha...you're right. I didn't think anyone would know what my name meant...if I knew that I was going to become such an active member here, I probably would have chosen a different screen name that isn't so obscure, but be that as it may, it looks like it's here to stay now.
hahahaha...I thought the same thing about my screen name. I didn't think I'd be sticking around as internet forums are not exactly up my alley, but whaddya know, I've been here over 8 months I'm pretty heavy into reggae, my favorite being Johhny Osbourne. Have you ever seen the film "the rockers"? Excellent reggae inspired film. Also I must plug a non reggae band that I think you may dig, there called thievery corporation. They're amazing.

Oh the game right, Probably pick it up, but seeing as sizzla's already on it, maybe I'll wait to see what he thinks.

My friend said to me, "I think the weather's trippy." I said, "No, man, it's not the weather that's trippy, perhaps it is the way that we perceive it that is indeed trippy." Then I thought, "Man, I should've just said, 'Yeah."CS.one R3DC3ll Faction-Join us or die...proud member of TheBeastlyNinja Epic-uber elite comedy crew
09-03-2009, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by le'deuche123 View Post
hahahaha...I thought the same thing about my screen name. I didn't think I'd be sticking around as internet forums are not exactly up my alley, but whaddya know, I've been here over 8 months I'm pretty heavy into reggae, my favorite being Johhny Osbourne. Have you ever seen the film "the rockers"? Excellent reggae inspired film. Also I must plug a non reggae band that I think you may dig, there called thievery corporation. They're amazing.

Oh the game right, Probably pick it up, but seeing as sizzla's already on it, maybe I'll wait to see what he thinks.
Johnny Osborne is great...it's hard to top 70's roots singers. Very few still around that still produce music...Burning Spear and Gregory Issacs are two still doing it. I own Rockers on DVD, it's essential. I also like Thievery Corporation, they have a dub vibe to them even if it's not strictly reggae. Anyway, le'd, I wouldn't bother with the game...it's pretty horrible. It's basically a bad skill crane game. I knew going in that it would probably be pretty bad, but had to try, hoping that at least the music would be good, but even that is in the form of short loops. But, I do want to mention to anyone that is interested in reggae that I stumbled on a really good reggae app called "Dub Siren" which is basically a reggae music streaming audio app that allows you to add effects...Really polished app and loads of fun if you're into that sort of thing like I am.

09-03-2009, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Johnny Osborne is great...it's hard to top 70's roots singers. Very few still around that still produce music...Burning Spear and Gregory Issacs are two still doing it. I own Rockers on DVD, it's essential. I also like Thievery Corporation, they have a dub vibe to them even if it's not strictly reggae. Anyway, le'd, I wouldn't bother with the game...it's pretty horrible. It's basically a bad skill crane game. I knew going in that it would probably be pretty bad, but had to try, hoping that at least the music would be good, but even that is in the form of short loops. But, I do want to mention to anyone that is interested in reggae that I stumbled on a really good reggae app called "Dub Siren" which is basically a reggae music streaming audio app that allows you to add effects...Really polished app and loads of fun if you're into that sort of thing like I am.
Awesome, I'll check Dub Siren out tonight. Thanks for the save on this bud.

My friend said to me, "I think the weather's trippy." I said, "No, man, it's not the weather that's trippy, perhaps it is the way that we perceive it that is indeed trippy." Then I thought, "Man, I should've just said, 'Yeah."CS.one R3DC3ll Faction-Join us or die...proud member of TheBeastlyNinja Epic-uber elite comedy crew
09-03-2009, 12:56 PM
odd...i feel like i'm the only one who thinks it visually looks good in a very bizarre fun sort of way.
09-03-2009, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodoctors View Post
odd...i feel like i'm the only one who thinks it visually looks good in a very bizarre fun sort of way.
Really, the visuals aren't the problem. It has a tiny, somewhat unresponsive d-pad to move the crane. When you get it where you think you want it, sometimes the shadow (which is the only thing you have to go by, depth wise) isn't always accurate, so you miss the pickup...and when you do miss, you have to wait for the crane to (VERY slowly) go back to starting position before you try again. Even this wouldn't be so bad if the music didn't loop (audibly and obviously) every 20 seconds or so. I mean, this is a game built around music, and you're going to use generic 20 second clips? Disappointing.