★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "its really very clever... a little bit of Hearthstone and a dash of Eclipse" - PocketTactics.com

From the creator of Starbase Orion and Starbase Command comes an all new strategy/card/board game hybrid set in the Starbase Universe. Explore this little gem of a game; the rules are few but the challenge is high.

18 Computer opponents to challenge you
Universal Orientation - play in portrait or landscape
Universal Binary - one purchase for all of your devices
iCloud Support - start a game on your iPhone and finish on your iPad
Guaranteed Pricing - will never go on sale, buy with confidence
Guaranteed Free Updates - all updates will be free, without any hidden fees or In-App Purchases
No IAP - Starbase Annex is the complete package, pay once and play forever
Support for 64bit devices
Support for Metal
09-21-2014, 12:50 PM
From the devs of Starbase Orion, if anyone needs any more convincing :P

09-21-2014, 02:55 PM
Don't care about anyone else's impressions on this one - I'm in!
09-21-2014, 03:46 PM
Quote:
From the devs of Starbase Orion
yes, but Naval Tactics has had little support. a promised tutorial and some strategy videos were never delivered and no update since release in May, so i'm not as "convinced" as you are.

anyway, i've had my eye out for this and i'm glad it's already out in NZ. that means it's out for me at 8pm so i can play the tutorial while i watch Family Guy!

Last edited by Mack the Knife; 09-21-2014 at 04:37 PM.
09-21-2014, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack the Knife View Post
yes, but Naval Tactics has had little support. a promised tutorial and some strategy videos were never delivered and no update since release in May, so i'm not as "convinced" as you are.
I feel the exact same. It was basically a beta release.
09-21-2014, 06:07 PM
I will definitely give this a try and is also a good sign that if there aren't any problems with it's submission then Galaxy Trucker is only a couple days away.
09-21-2014, 08:33 PM
What was wrong with naval tactics? I never experienced any bugs or anything that required a fix from the dev. Stare base orion have seen massive updates for over 2 years

GAMECENTER ID: Cali9ula
Hearthstone Caligula#1384
Games: Ascension, Battle of the Bulge, Drive on Moscow, Frozen Synapse, Titan HD, La Havre, NS Hex, Puerto Rico HD, BA & Panzer Corps
09-21-2014, 08:38 PM
Easy instabuy here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
09-21-2014, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyB View Post
What was wrong with naval tactics? I never experienced any bugs or anything that required a fix from the dev. Stare base orion have seen massive updates for over 2 years
You answered your own question. Personally, when I purchased it, I was expecting the same amount of attention.
09-21-2014, 09:19 PM
correct, a majority of those updates for Orion did not occur because something was "wrong". they were enhancements, improvements, additions, and tender loving care.

now damnit! where are our friends from down under to tell us about this game!?