Is there a way to remove the top status bar when playing IPhone games on a iPad?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by JasonLL, Sep 21, 2014.

1. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    Is there a way to remove the top status bar (wifi/time/battery) when playing IPhone games on the iPad? My mother who uses a IPad 2 recently purchased the Big Fish match-3 four pack bundle for iPhone and the status bar obstructs a tiny portion of the top part of the display. Thanks for any help you can give.

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Worth contacting them - http://www.bigfishgames.com/

But it seems that its not universal, there is an ipad pack i think so she might just have to buy that

3. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    Not universal but it does say IPad compatability in the description. Big Fish offer other bundles although not a IPad version of this one (match-3 bonanza bundle) from what I could see on the App Store. Some of the games in this bundle have a IPad HD version but their not offered together yet.

Thanks for replying, it just seems strange to me that Apple tablets don't have a simple way to turn on/off the status bar for iPhone games in the settings section when playing on a tablet. Maybe it's just a issue with the non-retina display iPads since I play Redshift's The Quest on the Air and never noticed a very tiny portion of the top cut off.