★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: InsGames
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 305.3 MB
  • Version: 1.9.1
  • Price: $5.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: ====Premium version====
Complete freedom from the premium currency, energy ... just the game itself!
- no energy
- no premium currency
- cheaper prices
====================

AntiSquad Tactics is a single-player turn-based game. In its campaigns you can use all your tactical skills.
AntiSquad Tactics features cartoony graphics and charismatic characters, that won't let you getting untouched!

Everyone can find what he likes the most:
- Turn-based tactics
- More than 50 missions in different environments
- Dozens of abilities and weapons
- Various enemies
- Fascinating story
- Stunning visuals

AntiSquad Tactics gives you various missions, including infiltration, escape, elimination, assault, and a whole lot more! Sometimes it might even seem like theres no way out, but trust us, theres always a solution! A little bit of cunning is all you need to beat any foe, no matter what the restrictions are.

Of course, AntiSquad Tactics isn't just a lush, exciting action with lots of tactical options at your disposal! Its also a riveting story reminiscent of movies about spies, mercenaries, and heroic Special Forces squads.

Sure, your team consists the good guys, and you'll only be shooting bad guys. However, your characters are no angels too. They're rugged soldiers with their
own sense of justice. So you can forget about sneaking into an enemy camp with no casualties. Then again, maybe not

Are you ready for such adventure?

========

Minimum Requirements:
- iPhone 4 or higher
- iPod touch 5 or higher
- iPad 2 or higher

========

Old Updates:

Version 1.3:

* The comics have been added to the game as introduction into the game;
* A new mission has been added into the second pack of missions;
* A button leading to items shop has been added to the window of unit's information which appears during the gameplay;
* A button opening the chest has been added to the window of unit's information which appears during the gameplay;
* The button opening chests has been removed from the shop in the main menu;
* Settings of quality have been adjusted;
* Memory usage has been optimized;

Version 1.4:

* New types of weapons have been added for all of the characters;
* The prices of various items have been adjusted downward;
* The complexity of the first missions of the first pack has been reduced;
* The appearance of several missions has been improved;
* The login process for the accounts of social networks has been optimized;
* The game interface has been optimized;

Version 1.6:

* The new ammunition has been added for all of the characters!
* New game ratings have been added.
* Five new missions have been added into the last pack of missions.
* The partial rebalancing of the game has been made.
* Some minor bugs have fixed.
* Some levels were improved and optimized.

Version 1.8:

* 4th pack of missions, - events around Somalia, - has been added
* Skirmish-missions have been added into 4th pack of missions
* Some new achievements have been added to all who has opened 4th pack of missions
* Valerie is available for play at the main missions of 4th pack
* A new character, - Katerina, - has been added
* A separate section of the shop to create new items has been added
* An additional indication on the doors and consoles on the skirmish missions of the 3rd pack has been added
* Minor bugs with shadows have been fixed
* Incorrect appearance of enemies on some missions has been fixed
* Restoring data from the cloud (when the game data on your device is damaged) has been fixed
* Tutorial parts of missions have been left only on normal and below normal difficulty
* Some minor interface changes have been made
* The prices of items, upgrades and other outfit have been adjusted
09-22-2014, 04:35 PM
Edit: I instabought the original release last year by Bulkypix (pulled from the App store) and thought it was an okay turn-based strategy game but was marred by a 'paidmium' model. This release completely removes any aspect of being freemium and should IMO be the definitive version of the game on iOS. I urge you to try it now that it's premium if you are into this kind of game.

Official Trailer

Game Center/Steam/PSN: Echoen
How to: embed [youtube] vids | Using [AppInfo]
My Youtube channel

Last edited by Echoen; 09-23-2014 at 03:47 AM. Reason: Objectivity

09-22-2014, 04:47 PM
Well... it's possible it could be the exact same game before it went freemium? Meaning you can just install your old ipa? Thought I can't tell for sure.. But I think the old icon is better

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar
09-22-2014, 05:06 PM
Just checking out the app in the store. it doesn't appear to have IAP anymore.

Quote:
Complete freedom from the premium currency, energy ... just the game itself!
They could have done that from the very start.

My Youtube channel
09-23-2014, 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoen View Post

Financially bipolar developers. Sucky strategy game anyway. You'd be better off getting Xcom for $5 more.
09-23-2014, 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Based Xatu View Post
Financially bipolar developers. Sucky strategy game anyway. You'd be better off getting Xcom for $5 more.
Sorry I disagree. I don't like how the developers handled it but calling it sucky is far from the truth. It's a actually one of the best strategy games out on the app store. Probably the best 3D one that isn't XCom. I'm sure they could make a better one if they had all the money it took to make XCom.

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar
09-23-2014, 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoen View Post

We moan when a game goes from premium to freemium! We moan when a freemium one goes to premium. Poor devs can't win

I'm happy it's gone to premium and I'll get this (never was keen on the freemium version)
09-23-2014, 03:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
We moan when a game goes from premium to freemium! We moan when a freemium one goes to premium. Poor devs can't win

I'm happy it's gone to premium and I'll get this (never was keen on the freemium version)
i don't think you understand the history mate. I bought this when it first came out only to find that it was coded heavily for you to pay for goodies to succeed (paymium). They then created a freemium version and now a premium version which the original buyers can't upgrade to! That's the point others are trying to make.

Bad form on the publishers (possibly devs) side that's all

Gamecenter I.D - defard
Xbox One - defard2001
PS4 - defard
Feel free to add me peeps!
09-23-2014, 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post

Defard knows this game too. Dev chose a poor model from the start that couldn't win. Bulkypix took down the app and the dev then went on their own and made it officially freemium. I was fine with that because that was its true model. Now this comes along and I'm glad for that because it was an okay game but I'm not happy about the money that went away with the missing app.

My Youtube channel
09-23-2014, 03:24 AM
But i think at times we have to calm down a bit when stuff like this happens (Look at Tablestop racing). We're not talking about thousands of pounds lost, its often a few pounds !

The devs want to survive in a very tough market full of competition, if they make a wrong move (eg freemium) they want to correct it. Or vica versa, if its a case of making people redundant or taking a game which didnt make as much as they thought it would and instead making it freemium then i can 'kinda' see why they do that.

They dont just sit there and think 'lets annoy the users and switch...'. Huge competing market out there, again if we all bought games from day 1 (look how many people wait for price cuts or all the promo code vultures then devs would make more money, wouldnt have to go freemium etc.

This games gone premium, i think thats a great move, i'll be getting this now and i hope it does well so their next game they'll go premium straight away