Side-Scrolling Shooters

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Mr. Grizzly, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    I want to put a couple side-scrolling shooters back on my device, but can't remember the names of some of the ones I liked. Can you come up with some names and give your general impressions of those games? For example, basic shooter, customization, changeable weapons, varying or static levels, etc. Thanks for any suggestions.

2. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

Deathsmiles
    Dariusburst
    R-Type II
    Tengai

to name a few great ones

3. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    !!!!!!!darius burst!!!!!!!

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yeah most of the above are very good, i still love R-Type a ton as its an arcade classic. Having relative touch controls on it is superb, great effort by Dot Emu

5. SuperDanX

SuperDanX Member

Apr 20, 2013
    London
    Thanks for the tip on Tengai had now idea it was out on ios. Any way to turn auto fire off?

6. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    And just a couple of threads down from this one is this thread that has a bunch of great suggestions as well.

7. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    I agree with all of this. Everything. I can't get past level 2 in R-Type 2. :eek:

Defender doesn't get the love it deserves on iOS. It plays really well and the iOS controls are probably easier than the original arcade controls.