★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Clock Tower developer to make horror game for iOS.

09-23-2014, 12:20 PM
Clock Tower developer to make horror game for iOS.

Hi all,

So it seems like I'm not having much luck at all trying to get this news out.

I recently covered the Tokyo Game Show for a magazine based in Tokyo, where I have my own gaming segment.
I was recently invited to take part in a press conference, where it was announced that Clock Tower developer Hifumi Kouno and The Grudge movie director Takashi Shimizu, are now in collaboration to start a new horror franchise for iOS, android and handheld devices. Also on board currently, is Masahiro Ito, the creature designer for Silent Hill.

As of writing, this information is now almost 5 days old (Japan time).
I sent an email through the correct channels as of the early hours of Sunday morning to the TA people, but no joy.

I have since taken it upon myself to do the work.

The development has just started and is currently called Project Scissors.
If you wish for further information, please let me know.
Sorry it got to you all so late.
09-26-2014, 06:53 PM
WHAT! I can't believe this news! Clock Tower 1 is my favorite horror game of all time. It was incredibly ahead of its time, and games like Amnesia owe a lot to it. I even have a sealed copy of the original for Super Famicom. I remember when the first DS came out and I prayed Clock Tower would get ported to it. Now it looks like we'll be getting a spiritual sequel on iOS, I'm so excited! And Shimizu and Ito are on board? Mindblowing. I cannot wait for more news, and the fact TA hasn't put up an article yet is crazy. Perhaps we'll need some screenshots. Thank you for putting up this thread, you have no idea how happy this makes me