★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The noises... the fog... it's all coming back...
The "Silent Hill" series that terrified the world with over 5.3 million copies sold, has returned now on the iPhone/iPod touch.
Under the guidance of a dull, flickering flashlight, find the exit and search for safety before you run out of bullets.
Escape the suspense with full use of the touch panel and confront evil with the accelerometer...Or be trapped forever in the labyrinth with the creatures?

nodoctors's comments:
i know a few people in the US have been waiting for a price drop. and it's a hell of a price drop.

09-03-2009, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodoctors View Post
sorry guys, i'm also a failure with links. but hey, i know a few people in the US have been waiting for a price drop. and it's a hell of a price drop.
silent hill lost its touch after 3

09-03-2009, 12:17 PM
Now I hope the next price drop is Krazy Kart. :P

That's weird, it says $7.99 here, and $.99 in the App Store...

09-03-2009, 12:19 PM
To anybody who has owned it... Is this game good??? I KNOW it's not an exploration game, it's really just a rail shooter in the Silent Hill universe... But is it at least fun???

Let me know. Thanks.
I know I was in the minority with this, but I actually liked this game quite a bit. Everytime I thought it was over, there was more to it. Simple, not a true FPS by any means, but with the lights off and the sound up, it's a pretty cool experience. And a buck is almost literally giving it away.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomaD View Post
silent hill lost its touch after 3

very true. though Homecoming was arguably a much better game than The Room...and The Room was actually done by the original Team Silent which is all the more depressing. and well, i think everybody here knows this app isn't any better...but ya know, if you're a hardcore fan, you've got to have it all.

ps

silent hill 1 > silent hill 2 > silent hill 3 > silent hill:homecoming > silent hill: origins = silent hill 4:the room
09-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodoctors View Post
very true. though Homecoming was arguably a much better game than The Room...and The Room was actually done by the original Team Silent which is all the more depressing. and well, i think everybody here knows this app isn't any better...but ya know, if you're a hardcore fan, you've got to have it all.

ps

silent hill 1 > silent hill 2 > silent hill 3 > silent hill:homecoming > silent hill: origins = silent hill 4:the room
im not a hardcore fan

IMO, the BEST horror game ever made is Siren. the first one was made by members of the original silent hill team. no other game can beat siren....
09-03-2009, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomaD View Post
im not a hardcore fan

IMO, the BEST horror game ever made is Siren. the first one was made by members of the original silent hill team. no other game can beat siren....
siren is the scariest game i have ever played. i wouldn't say it's the best, since it falters in other departments, but it is definitely the scariest. it's actually a horror puzzle game as opposed to your traditional survival horror game. it took me freaking forever to complete it too considering how unforgiving and hard it is. i still need to play the remake on the ps3 if i ever get one.
09-03-2009, 12:26 PM
Was waiting.... And ninety nine cents makes it all the more better! Too bad mega man wasn't 99 too
09-03-2009, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elimcfly View Post
Was waiting.... And ninety nine cents makes it all the more better! Too bad mega man wasn't 99 too
agreed. i'm still extremely tempted at 2.99 though